Interesting Season In Top Fuel (1 Viewer)

Leebone

Nitro Member
No clear front runner this year. Salinas and Force are neck and neck, and now Leah is coming on strong. Her .68 in Q1 was stout. Never count out the Capco team though.

IMO I still believe everyone is "testing" to a point and when the welfare system kicks in after Indy we will see real racing start. With all the self funded teams out there the prize money is chump change. They are looking for bragging rights and that is the championship. The top ten after Indy will be all the top teams as it is every year, 10 of 16 get in anyway.

IMO I still believe everyone is "testing" to a point and when the welfare system kicks in after Indy we will see real racing start. With all the self funded teams out there the prize money is chump change. They are looking for bragging rights and that is the championship. The top ten after Indy will be all the top teams as it is every year, 10 of 16 get in anyway.
Testing to a point, I would say. Anybody running the circuit is out there to get wins during the season.

Pruitt has been pretty strong lately....she's currently the #1 qualifier at Sonoma (3.68) and she seems to be a lot better on the tree. I still say that despite his slump as of late, keep an eye on Steve Torrence. A team that strong isn't going to stay down for long.

Steve mentioned in an interview that they are using new designed engine blocks and combos that they are figuring out. They reason they changed to the new combo is some teams have already and if the don't now, the'll be behind the 8-ball.

Wondering is Stevo is playing rope-a-dope for now, then come out swinging during the countdown?

I agree that no clear favorite is mostly true although Salinas has stepped up his driving on the tree and the car goes A to B pretty well most weekends. Brittany's car seems to be struggling in the heat and her trees haven't been as improved as they were for a while. Steveo is the one that is scary when that team begins to roll.

With some recent titles coming down to the wire I doubt any teams are intentionally giving up ground to test. Most want to be seeded as highly as possible for the reset, but I do agree there is not a real sense of urgency or panic right now. Except maybe Tony and Antron. Doug's car is improving and it needs to be. Between Prock, Shawn, Clay, Doug, Tony, and Antron; someone will miss the countdown. Rd 1 is important for several tomorrow. Brit vs Austin; Shu vs Steveo, ABreezy vs Shawn, and Clay vs Hart. Those 7-12 in points need to get some round wins ASAP.

The countdown is generally run during the cooler months and favors the teams that can consistently run the big numbers.

Well yeah, Doug laid down some good numbers this weekend, so far. It's about time. However, that is the team that surprised me the most, but in the wrong way. The Kalitta team is highly funded and Doug has AJ on board as a tuner, yet, they have struggled so far this year. As far as Brittany tuned by Grubby, the late great Dick LaHaie said it best . . . "low ET doesn't win you races, consistency does." However, the Monster team is only 10 points behind Salinas, so who am I to say!

Between Prock, Shawn, Clay, Doug, Tony, and Antron; someone will miss the countdown.
You can still make the Countdown if you're not in the top 10 in points after Indy but just making qualifying attempts.

2. Events with three scheduled qualifying sessions, competitors must run a minimum of 2 qualifying sessions at each event.

3. Events with four scheduled qualifying sessions, competitors must run a minimum of 3 qualifying sessions at each event.

• If unable to complete one qualifying session in its entirety within the originally scheduled event date(s), the event will count towards the number of events listed above for each category. A completed tech card must be submitted to NHRA to count the event towards the total number of events listed above.
  • If unable to complete two qualifying sessions within the originally scheduled event date(s), a participant must make one valid qualifying attempt or submit a completed tech card to NHRA for the event to count towards the total number of events listed above.
  • If unable to complete three qualifying sessions within the originally scheduled event date(s), participants must make two valid two qualifying attempts for the event to count towards the total number of events listed above.
  • If unable to complete any qualifying sessions within the originally scheduled event date(s), the event will not count towards the number of events listed above for each category. For example, the first qualifying session occurs on Monday following the event.

with the DSR sale of Tony's team to Maynard family I wonder if a crew chief change is forthcoming. Car has underperformed all year.

gotta' hand it to that salinas team. they continue to perform.
what the brittany force TF'r is doing is crazy. some well guarded knowledge there.

gotta' hand it to that salinas team. they continue to perform.
what the brittany force TF'r is doing is crazy. some well guarded knowledge there.
Salinas is doing well partly bc aj left the tune up amd notes behind

I guess I underestimated Brittany. What that team did in Sonoma was spectacular. The .033 rt in the final was amazing. She needs to keep that up.

Well yeah, Doug laid down some good numbers this weekend, so far. It's about time. However, that is the team that surprised me the most, but in the wrong way. The Kalitta team is highly funded and Doug has AJ on board as a tuner, yet, they have struggled so far this year. As far as Brittany tuned by Grubby, the late great Dick LaHaie said it best . . . "low ET doesn't win you races, consistency does." However, the Monster team is only 10 points behind Salinas, so who am I to say!
I've been a long time Doug Kalitta fan, but it just seems as all the other newer teams are doing better (Shoe, Hart, Ashley) it looks like a another disappointment this year.

kalitta racing is on the verge of a win......all 3 teams. they are all close. langdon perhaps the most. lately consistency has been creeping in.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back