Interesting Article (1 Viewer)

A Couple of points, National Trail is still open, but not owned by NHRA, Memphis was never owned by NHRA. NASCAR is the owner of Route 66 and are the ones that closed it and Chicagoland Speedway down, along with the dragstrip at at California Speedway.

I do not like that facilities are closing, but if houses are going up around the place you are not going to win that battle. And if someone else wants the property that is hard to pass up, Bob said he heard 30 million for PBIR, how many years would it take running a facility to make 30 million.

(20) race season.....adding (1) extra race, ennis
1)pomona 2)vegas 3)ennis 4)gainesville 5)zmax 6)chicago 7)epping 8)bristol 9)norwalk
western swing: 10)topeka 11)sonoma 12)seattle
13)BIR 14)indy 15)reading 16)zmax 17)st. louis 18)ennis 19)pomona 20)vegas

(20) race season.....adding (1) extra race, ennis
1)pomona 2)vegas 3)ennis 4)gainesville 5)zmax 6)chicago 7)epping 8)bristol 9)norwalk
western swing: 10)topeka 11)sonoma 12)seattle
13)BIR 14)indy 15)reading 16)zmax 17)st. louis 18)ennis 19)pomona 20)vegas
I think a spring race in Ennis could work now that Houston (Baytown) is gone. If they can get it together Baton Rouge may take the spring race before the other would happen. A lot of folks from Louisiana would go to Baytown.

What about South Georgia Motorsports Park?
It already holds a Division 2 event.
From the pictures the facility looks to be pretty good sized. The track is more than long enough.
I just don’t know about the capacity of surrounding businesses in handling large crowds that stay for three to five days.

In the greater Louisville area, Ford is having such a tough time getting parts that they're parking trucks at Kentucky Speedway, and even at a nuclear power plant site, or place that was in process of becoming one.

It's more profitable to park incomplete pickups than to host races.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back