Inline oil filters (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
I saw that the fuel cars are now using inline oil filters, so I looked at the rule books addedum for 2015 and see that these are now mandated. What was the problem with the old screw on filters?

They can't handle the massive amount of oil pressure they cars are putting out now. Millican had one come off his car multiple times last year.

Hi Mike, do you happen to know what size micron the System 1 would screen vs.. these new inline filter?

We run both a inline filter (that we made ourselves) and a Oberg 600 series that filters 60 microns.

I believe the bigger reusable System 1s will go as small as 30. The ones for the Fuel cars are like 70 or 75. System 1 makes filters for a ton of different applications.

Thanks Mike, never really looked at one on a fuel car before, but I can imagine the amount of energy it takes to push 70 weight oil through a 70 micron filter.

BTW, I forgot to add the our line filter is on the vacuum side of the pump and the Oberg on the pressure side. We also make our own dry sump pump too.

With fresh oil on the jack stands, they'll make 300 lbs on the gas bottle. Typically when they're staged, at idle they will have somewhere between 100-125.

With fresh oil on the jack stands, they'll make 300 lbs on the gas bottle. Typically when they're staged, at idle they will have somewhere between 100-125.

Gas bottle? Is that the large CO2 tank connected to the car during warm up? I always wondered what that was for...

No, I am referring to the squirter bottle for the injector. Most cars will start the car just on the bottle and pull one mag wire to make sure that mag is working. They will then let the car die. They will then start the car on the other mag and if it fires they will pull both wires and go over to fuel. The large CO2 tank is for when the team cycles the throttle cable to make sure all of the timers are working correctly. If you watch towards the end of the warm up, one of the crew members will typically disconnect the throttle cable and fully depress it to activate the clutch timers and timing curve. The crew chief can then check the graph to make sure everything is happening when it's supposed to. There is a smaller CO2 bottle on the car for the run.

No, I am referring to the squirter bottle for the injector. Most cars will start the car just on the bottle and pull one mag wire to make sure that mag is working. They will then let the car die. They will then start the car on the other mag and if it fires they will pull both wires and go over to fuel. The large CO2 tank is for when the team cycles the throttle cable to make sure all of the timers are working correctly. If you watch towards the end of the warm up, one of the crew members will typically disconnect the throttle cable and fully depress it to activate the clutch timers and timing curve. The crew chief can then check the graph to make sure everything is happening when it's supposed to. There is a smaller CO2 bottle on the car for the run.

Thanks for the explanation, Mike.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back