"Indy" (1 Viewer)

SuperCamaro

Nitro Member
With this being the 30th anniversary of the 1976 "Indy" coming up, I'm hoping to read anyone's comments about their "Indy" experiences. I've been there only five times (74-75-76-94-01), the first three being my favorites, But I have to say seeing Connie Kalitta win in 94 was really cool............Perry Jr.

I was there in '89 when Snake ran teens in Funny Car & swept the Big Bud Shootout and the race - Clay's head wrench, Mike Kloeber was callin' the shots for him that year. Also Darrell Gwynn's Indy victory!

The following year there wasn't a dry eye in the house when Darrell came to the starting line in his wheelchair following his crash in England - I'm getting a lump in my throat thinking about it now. If not for a mistake with the 2nd fuel pump, Frank Hawley might've made it two in a row for the Coors Extra Gold car.

Bottom line, I can't say which one was better, they were both awesome!

Thanks for the feedback Gordon. I think that was "Snakes" last year in a funny car also..............Perry Jr.

here is some more ,perry
2728451730059223391evFpkh_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank You SOOOOOOOOO Much Gerry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I feel like I'm nine again, running the pits at Detroit Dragway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm looking at these shots and I feel like I am right there, it almost feels like it was just yesterday...............Perry Jr.

Thanks Perry, I originally had close to 300 pics for Kelly to scan, but thought I didn't want to Kill her in the process, so I trimmed it down.:eek:

LMAO @ Joe!

You see.....that old thread with your pics link from the old Mater is an example of one of those things I'd like to be able to access. Oh, sure. I know you just put it in this post, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to go find stuff when you think about it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back