IHRA trying new class for 2015 (1 Viewer)

Years ago NHRA had debated making Super Street a Non -Electronics class, guess they decided against it! I don't understand why NHRA allowed electronics in the Super classes to begin with...

When the super classes came about, I think they (NHRA) thought everyone would run to the "spirit" of the rules, which is to build a car to run a number that NHRA set. NO ONE, even the racers, ever thought delay boxes, throttle stops and cars that run 3 seconds under the index would basically be required to be competitive ... yet here we are. I think this is a good place to start for IHRA, and I hope the racers support it so the class can become viable.

I like it, I still wish they would drop most the super classes and just go to one massive bracket class. No throttle stops, pick whatever time you want and go. I love at the local track when you see some guy/girl having to run down a 3 second head start or more. Being a slower car, I always love getting that lead as it's hard for that driver to wait so long.

I like it, I still wish they would drop most the super classes and just go to one massive bracket class. No throttle stops, pick whatever time you want and go. I love at the local track when you see some guy/girl having to run down a 3 second head start or more. Being a slower car, I always love getting that lead as it's hard for that driver to wait so long.

BUT THAT'S NOT HEADS UP!!! HOW IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR CAREER DRIVING A FUEL CAR?!?! :rolleyes::D

BUT THAT'S NOT HEADS UP!!! HOW IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR CAREER DRIVING A FUEL CAR?!?! :rolleyes::D
I wasn't even thinking the heads up aspect just ridding the world on throttle stops lol
I need that winning lotto ticket for go Fuel racing, not enough sponsors otherswise

When the super classes came about, I think they (NHRA) thought everyone would run to the "spirit" of the rules, which is to build a car to run a number that NHRA set. NO ONE, even the racers, ever thought delay boxes, throttle stops and cars that run 3 seconds under the index would basically be required to be competitive ... yet here we are.

I think it went from just what you mention, to a condition of "keeping on, keeping on" after some time because they didn't want to lose the racers, and more importantly, the relevant companies (sponsors on manufacturers row - when there was one to speak of) who make products that are utilized in these classes. Same has gone for the IHRA over the years, as well. Or maybe it's because it drives most fans down to the pits, concessions, and NitroMall area.

It's a class for me and I hope it takes off. I just put my car back as a street/strip car and running 11.50 is perfect. NHRA missed the boat with S/ST by letting tube frame cars in and not having a 3000lb min weight,along with electronics.My opinion..electronics take the human element out of the race.NHRA has index racing in Div.2 but the indexes are 10.00 11.00 and 12.00.

I think that explains why Top Dragster/Sportsman have gotten so popular!

Not any official class in NHRA but if you look around ... there was an 11.50 Index class (8 cars) run at the E-Town National Event this year. Also being run at the Divisional level. D1 has run 8.50, 10.00, and 11.50 Index classes for the last 2 seasons at select National Opens. As someone else stated ... D2 runs 10.00, 11.00, and 12.00 Index classes as part of their LODRS program.

Its already out there for the very same reason. More ways for sportsman racers to get involved at the higher levels and create more potential fan draw with
It's a class for me and I hope it takes off. I just put my car back as a street/strip car and running 11.50 is perfect. NHRA missed the boat with S/ST by letting tube frame cars in and not having a 3000lb min weight,along with electronics.My opinion..electronics take the human element out of the race.NHRA has index racing in Div.2 but the indexes are 10.00 11.00 and 12.00.

Not any official class in NHRA but if you look around ... there was an 11.50 Index class (8 cars) run at the E-Town National Event this year. Also being run at the Divisional. D1 has run 8.50, 10.00, and 11.50 Index classes for the last 2 seasons at select National Opens. D2 runs 10.00, 11.00, and 12.00 Index classes as part of their LODRS program.

Its already out there for the very same reason. More ways for sportsman racers to get involved at the higher levels and create more potential fan draw with

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back