IHRA goes west? (1 Viewer)

I was privileged to be in a meeting in Virginia where I heard many things that could be happening with the IHRA schedule. I hope they are able to work out the details for most of them as they sounded like they will be good for everyone.

Can't wait until the schedule is released.

Mike you should know that a current NHRA track can not be rented for a different sanctioning body's event.

Dean

I would be surprised, but I guess anything can happen, have any of the Nitro Jam event been held at an NHRA track before?
How is an IHRA race an independent race?
Maybe the Thunder Jam deal is independent (even though it is Feld operated) I don't know never attended one. (Maybe the sportsman portion is an NHRA deal)
But as long at the Sportsman classes run under IHRA rules then I would say it is not independent.
What do I know
We'll know when the Tucson deal is announced

Dean

Hearing rumor that Bernie Longjohn has taken over management down there. If SIR goes to IHRA, than this makes some scene. But I wonder what will happen to the Div. 7 race there. Who will replace it?

Hearing rumor that Bernie Longjohn has taken over management down there. If SIR goes to IHRA, than this makes some scene. But I wonder what will happen to the Div. 7 race there. Who will replace it?

Looks like the NHRA dropped the Division 7 race there and moved it to Vegas.

Track website is down, and I can't swing by there until next week.... I thought the Nitro Jam was a one race rental by Feld- this whole thing is coming as a huge surprise if the rumors about IHRA takeover bear fruit.

Locals weren't too happy a couple of weeks ago...

Track website is down, and I can't swing by there until next week.... I thought the Nitro Jam was a one race rental by Feld- this whole thing is coming as a huge surprise if the rumors about IHRA takeover bear fruit.

Locals weren't too happy a couple of weeks ago...

New website: SIR

Team meeting and vote by the racers on which sanctioning body should the track represent was held last saturday, with reps from IHRA in attendance.

Talk about adding a Stock/ Super Stock combo class to the Nitro Jam race in March. Sounds like the promoters plan to hype the hell out of the race- good for us racers :cool:

SIR officially goes IHRA today... Just had a great chat with Bernie at the track, and this should be a win-win down here in Tucson. Sanctioning body was OVERWHELMINGLY voted in, and they plan on focusing on making the track the place to race for its sportsman participants, and Feld is coming at the local media market with a huge budget to advertise the upcoming Jam in March.

This may be an interesting shot over the bow.

Spent part of the weekend up the coast in Santa Maria and they look to break ground on a new IHRA track within a few months. That's three if you count Salt Lake City too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back