I read Cowboy is returning (1 Viewer)

Yup - welcome back cowboy!

DSR Announces Team Expansion with the Addition of a Second Factory Stock Showdown Entry

dsrps42818.jpg

I truly believe this will be a professional class next year and pro stock will be gone, it is so much more exciting, just need some more Mopars and Fords in there and it will be the icing on the cake.

death knell to PS?

After seeing these cars in person this weekend I was amazed that PS is still even around. The PS cars of today are a caricature of actual vehicles. The Factory Stock class is bad ass. When Leah went out there and ran 8.04, that car was hauling.

Awesome deal. Good to see Mark back. This class is awesome.

On another note- He hasn't raced since 2006?? I never would have guessed that. Where does the dang time go.

Awesome deal. Good to see Mark back. This class is awesome.

On another note- He hasn't raced since 2006?? I never would have guessed that. Where does the dang time go.

I don't think he made another pass after the crash at Ennis. I know Reher-Morrison as a Pro Stock team didn't.

I also can't believe it has already been 12 years since that crash. I don't know how either Koretsky or Pawuk survived that. Thank goodness for chassis construction and a rule book bent towards safety.

I don't think he made another pass after the crash at Ennis. I know Reher-Morrison as a Pro Stock team didn't.

I also can't believe it has already been 12 years since that crash. I don't know how either Koretsky or Pawuk survived that. Thank goodness for chassis construction and a rule book bent towards safety.

That was Koretsky and Bruce Allen. You're getting old dude lol

This FSS deal is really cool, and it'll be nice to see Pawuk back. It seems like there is true parity with the 3 brands, what are the rules like for these things? And how much can you massage one after you buy it from the factory?

Glad to hear this. I ran into Mark at the Winternationals, not coincidentally just outside the DSR camp where he had just been. As we were talking (we run one of his former race cars) he spotted another racer from northeastern Ohio where we all got our start racing. A mini reunion ensued and it was a great end to a day at the races.

Anyway, as I mentioned in an older thread, the number of people with Pro Stock history who are getting involved with FSS keeps increasing. I think it's the future and should replace Pro Stock. Even with the any-engine (more accurately Chevy-for-all) rule, PS has failed to produce any new entries that are not Camaros, and it’s just not fun to watch without variety. In my mind the engine matching the sheetmetal carbon fiber is non-negotiable for any class with "stock" in the name, and were it not for Alan Prusiensky's Hemi Dodge I wouldn’t watch it at all. I love the technology and how quick the cars are, but the racing is just not exciting.

FSS on the other hand has good variety, are exciting to watch, and most importantly they actually resemble something stock you can buy. THAT has been missing from PS for quite a while, and is in part why fans have lost interest.

Last edited:
I agree, FSS is the future. But, I can also foresee the class getting out of hand and ending up like PS. A little change here, a modification there. Stretch it here, stretch it there. Voila! No more factory frames, engines, bodies.

I agree, FSS is the future. But, I can also foresee the class getting out of hand and ending up like PS. A little change here, a modification there. Stretch it here, stretch it there. Voila! No more factory frames, engines, bodies.

Happens all the time. All the "True Street" series I've ever seen, start out innocently enough, but after a couple of years, the cars are nothing more than retired pro stockers with lights and wipers.

Also, and what happens when they stop making Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers? And Nunzio, why only 3 brands? FSS seems like nostalgia drags to me. Just my 2 cents.

Unfortunately true. Pro mod is another example. That class was awesome, then they morphed into funny cars with doors. And now Pro Stock has morphed into Pro Mod without blowers or Nitrous.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching the FSS, those cars are bad ass.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back