How 'bout them Devils! (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Gordon

Nitro Member
Before the season even started a lot of the "smart" folks picked this to be the year of the Devils demise. A lot of people thought Lou's frugal spending was finally going to catch u to him, despite the cap. Then the season begins and the Devils struggle through the first 15 or 20 games and the "smart" folks not only look smart, but they start thinking (and saying) Brodeur's done.

How are those predictions looking now? Brodeur is playing outstanding between the pipes and appears to be on the verge of winning 40 games - AGAIN! Also, even with two of our primary defenseman out (Martin & White) we're still finding ways to win... I sure wish we were scoring a little more consistently, but as I said, they're finding ways to win. #1 seed in the Eastern conference w/ a game in hand over our primary pursuer in the Atlantic (Pittsburgh).

I can't wait for the second season to start...:D

Before the season even started a lot of the "smart" folks picked this to be the year of the Devils demise. A lot of people thought Lou's frugal spending was finally going to catch u to him, despite the cap. Then the season begins and the Devils struggle through the first 15 or 20 games and the "smart" folks not only look smart, but they start thinking (and saying) Brodeur's done.

How are those predictions looking now? Brodeur is playing outstanding between the pipes and appears to be on the verge of winning 40 games - AGAIN! Also, even with two of our primary defenseman out (Martin & White) we're still finding ways to win... I sure wish we were scoring a little more consistently, but as I said, they're finding ways to win. #1 seed in the Eastern conference w/ a game in hand over our primary pursuer in the Atlantic (Pittsburgh).

I can't wait for the second season to start...:D

Me too...then My Avalanche can WHOOP UP ON MARTY B. and the EXIT 16W Bums from "JERSEY" in the CUP FINALS!!!!

CAN YOU SAY "FOPPA"? OLAY...OLAY OLAY OLAY!!!! #21....PETER FORSBERG!!!

GO AV'S!:cool:

This weekend is the 1st round of the NCAA/WCHA hockey playoffs - Denver vs. the UMD Bulldogs... GO DU!

Now that the Red Wings are finally starting to get healthy again the rest of these teams don't even have a chance

Me too...then My Avalanche can WHOOP UP ON MARTY B. and the EXIT 16W Bums from "JERSEY" in the CUP FINALS!!!!

CAN YOU SAY "FOPPA"? OLAY...OLAY OLAY OLAY!!!! #21....PETER FORSBERG!!!

GO AV'S!:cool:

LMAO! My wife is an Avs fan & I'll be home in time for our meeting this Saturday. How's Forsberg's health, anyway?;)

Now that the Red Wings are finally starting to get healthy again the rest of these teams don't even have a chance

Oh PJ. OH PJ!!! How easily we forget. Remember First Round, 2005. No. 1 vs. No. 8.

oilcountry2.gif

But alas, the Oilers will be on the sidelines, but have finally climbed to over .500.

people, people you are living in the past.

Sure so the Red Wings usually have great regular season only to be beat when the rules change in the playoffs. They are built a little better this year to be able to adapt to playoff rules.

Oh I"m with ya PJ! I'm just ribbing you a bit. The Wings look to be ready to matchup against Anaheim for the Western bragging rights. Just remembering that great run of '05.

Last edited:
LMAO! My wife is an Avs fan & I'll be home in time for our meeting this Saturday. How's Forsberg's health, anyway?;)

Pretty Good....He has sat out the last few games with a little Groin issue....:)rolleyes: oops!), but should be ready to go on SATURDAY!!! It's always a great game vs. the Devil.....

Game on tomorrow afternoon!!!

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IT TAKES A BIG MAN TO ADMIT WHEN HE IS WRONG...UNFORTUNATLY I AM 5'9.....So, that being said...I was not talking to my friend from texas during the game...When I do..the avalanche are a Perfect 8-0..when i don't... 0-2!:( Good Job to the Devils today!

You guys know its DUCKS and the CUP round 2.

Can you believe how bad the Kings are this year?

The Oilers win another shootout Sunday vs the Sharks. 15-3 in shootouts in 2007-08. 5 pts out of the 8th spot with 9 games left to go. Another 2005 run I hope!!!!

Last edited:
I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IT TAKES A BIG MAN TO ADMIT WHEN HE IS WRONG...UNFORTUNATLY I AM 5'9.....So, that being said...I was not talking to my friend from texas during the game...When I do..the avalanche are a Perfect 8-0..when i don't... 0-2!:( Good Job to the Devils today!

Yeah, it was a good game - though I was getting a little frustrated with the ghost penalties. The Avs will be alright come playoff time, assuming they're healthy... maybe a repaet of the '01 Cup Final?!?!

I don't get to see too many Avalanche games now - but how about my boy Pauly Stasny??? I got to watch him play as a freshman at DU. He's living out a storybook career. I don't watch NHL games like I used to. I'm more of a College/Junior follower now.

I don't get to see too many Avalanche games now - but how about my boy Pauly Stasny??? I got to watch him play as a freshman at DU. He's living out a storybook career. I don't watch NHL games like I used to. I'm more of a College/Junior follower now.

yeah Chris....that's a family trait..Some pretty good Gene's There!

Quicker than Schumacher at the NHRA Finals, if you blinked last night you missed the Oilers final 4 goals in a 8-4 rout of PHX!!! Just get me the 8 seed, please!!!!

yeah, that was a ridiculous finish to the oilers game last night.
what a great time of the year! - drags are starting up, hockey is intense.
can't beat it!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back