Help w/ Fonts, etc. (1 Viewer)

Gordon

Nitro Member
Can I set font, color, size, etc. of my posts or do I have to set them up every time. I've been all through the UserCP & either I'm blind or I'm over looking it. Any assistance would be appreciated.:confused:

You have to set it up each time you post. The only permanent stick can be done by an Admin and that's only for the entire board.

Yep, Michele's correct as far as I know. I'll tell you one thing though.....I have more trouble with your bolded white than I do with the gray. :)

The bolded white is pretty hard to read. I think it's because it's so "fat" that the letters start to run together. Does that make sense?

I've been trying out a few colors on here to see which ones I liked best and which ones were the easiest for me to read. For now I'm really liking the Deep Sky Blue. It's not so bright that my eyes cross and it's not so light that I have to squint.

The bolded white is pretty hard to read. I think it's because it's so "fat" that the letters start to run together. Does that make sense?

I've been trying out a few colors on here to see which ones I liked best and which ones were the easiest for me to read. For now I'm really liking the Deep Sky Blue. It's not so bright that my eyes cross and it's not so light that I have to squint.

Yeah, I'm attempting to find the best mix of font, color, etc. too. If you find one, let me know. My biggest problem is that I access the Mater from two different computers, one of which is a laptop - so what works on one, doesn't necessarily work on the other.:eek:

Eh, it's all relative anyway. There are so many different types of people on here.......you'll never find that 'perfect' one that everyone will like.

LOL! Will do, but my colors might not be good for you on either computer. :p

Actually, Jerrod and Shannon have the option of installing a hack (or it may come with vBulletin now) that let's users pick from a list of different skins. Meaning he could leave this skin (the dark colors) and make another that matches the old Mater style.

I really like the new colors and would keep it this way for myself, but it is a lot easier for most people to read black text on a white background.

I am hoping that once things settled down with getting people registered and the bugs worked out, that the powers that be will go back to a more traditionl black letters on white background. This is killing my eyes.
When people post in color, it helps, but I still can't read the rest of the permanent stuff or anyone who doesn't change the colors very easily. Lots of squinting.

And frankly, having to set the colors on my own posts every time is, well, just one more thing to have to do .

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the background color will be white once again. I sit at a computer all day with black on white. When I peek in here from time to time, the contrast is very difficult. But heck, if everyone else is ok with it, it shouldn't change.

I am hoping that once things settled down with getting people registered and the bugs worked out, that the powers that be will go back to a more traditionl black letters on white background. This is killing my eyes.
When people post in color, it helps, but I still can't read the rest of the permanent stuff or anyone who doesn't change the colors very easily. Lots of squinting.

And frankly, having to set the colors on my own posts every time is, well, just one more thing to have to do .

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the background color will be white once again. I sit at a computer all day with black on white. When I peek in here from time to time, the contrast is very difficult. But heck, if everyone else is ok with it, it shouldn't change.

I had a hard time with the gray at first now I kind of like it. But that isn't doing you any good. It would be nice if you could set preferences for posts instead of having to do it every time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back