"good authority..." (1 Viewer)

Redman

Nitro Member
I have it on good authority that two former posters think this board has been "ruined" by the changes. I beg to differ.

Jim

I agree Jim.

My take is that if you have something to say, be man or woman enough to put your name to it. There are a lot of people who don't want to do that.

Although there are a lot less people posting here at the moment due to the registration requirements, it seems to have a lot less shite being put up.

I like it.

Jim,
I would suggest that you politely tell them NitroLand is Closed, and that WE are tired of disrespectfull posts to people that are stand up enough to STAY in the game.
That if they had a real issue they would register & post, Hell I will pay the Buck for them to spew their beef with LEGIT posts...........and that we are trying to keep it somewhat amenable to people that are actually interested in Drag Racing.
If their Interest is indeed Drag Racing, They would be issueless.

and then, Jim, I would thank them for bringing their concerns to your attention, and say Good Bye!

JMHO...................Pete

I guess I should take the heat for this change. It seems to have started with my "land of disrespect" post on the old site. Personally, I like it a LOT better. If anyone has a problem with it, I guess they can come talk to me at one of the races and I'll be glad to explain why it is a good thing. I really believe that some of the drivers and crew chiefs that used to post on the old site will return. If someone is angry about it... blame me. I'm OK with that.

How can this be a bad thing? The DOCTOR is back!

Jim

Last edited:
I honestly like it better, but I hope it don't turn into a "WOODSTOCK LOVEFEST" Not that I want to see bickering, and back stabbing.. but I DO want to see if someone disagrees, or has a point of view that is NOT popular... If one if the drivers is NOT doing His or Her job, I hope someone says something without getting a STERN WARNING! provided his comment is not a personal attack !

Controversy and disagreements are part of life. I will be disappointed if there aren't lots of both here.

Jim

Last edited:
I honestly like it better, but I hope it don't turn into a "WOODSTOCK LOVEFEST" Not that I want to see bickering, and back stabbing.. but I DO want to see if someone disagrees, or has a point of view that is NOT popular... If one if the drivers is NOT doing His or Her job, I hope someone says something without getting a STERN WARNING! provided his comment is not a personal attack !

JOHN,
I believe that you will get an honest review from the people that agree, and some greif from that don't !!!!! BUT, I believe it will be alot more honest and in context!!!!!!
I was just commenting on the board being a Psuedo World, But to be honest, I believe more today than ever, that you will get an honest , unbiased opinion here with the people that are assembling themselves with the new format.

JMHO

Pete I sure hope your right... Personally I think you are.. But it may take some time before "The Honeymoon" is over...

The new format is intrigueing...

While I can't see the circumstances, I feel comfortable that I can express my views, however controversial, and still be respectful. I also understand the need for discipline in a civilized society. Sometimes it's better to STFU. There are some fine lines that will require thought before posting (for me anyway).

I'm in a pickle with regards to my opinions of Antron's statements on Comp Plus. I disagree with enough of his statements to want to generate a debate, and I'm not close enough to him to have it one on one. Doing it on this forum may not be appropriate. The format definitely makes me consider the cause and effect of my statements.

It will be an interesting future.

I'm in a pickle with regards to my opinions of Antron's statements on Comp Plus. I disagree with enough of his statements to want to generate a debate, and I'm not close enough to him to have it one on one. Doing it on this forum may not be appropriate. The format definitely makes me consider the cause and effect of my statements.

Pull the trigger.

Jim

I guess I should take the heat for this change. It seems to have started with my "land of disrespect" post on the old site. Personally, I like it a LOT better. If anyone has a problem with it, I guess they can come talk to me at one of the races and I'll be glad to explain why it is a good thing. I really believe that some of the drivers and crew chiefs that used to post on the old site will return. If someone is angry about it... blame me. I'm OK with that.

Jim

You might get some of the owners, crew chiefs, and drivers back, but you lose most of the rank and file crew members. Not many bosses want their employees posting on message boards.

Bad thing, good thing, or just a thing? I'm glad he is back, but Jim he did not always ware a white hat. None of us did.

please don't be afraid to post your opinion...everyone's in different thats what makes our worls go around.

All i ask is that you dont do it in a tasteless way.

please don't be afraid to post your opinion...everyone's in different thats what makes our worls go around.

All i ask is that you dont do it in a tasteless way.

well my opinion is that silver porshes are ugly!! :D
just kidding.... please dont delete my account.:D :D :D

Controversy and disagreements are part of life. I will be disappointed if there aren't lots of both here.

Jim

I am sure there will be....... and maybe some good humor too (my favorite was the poster someone did of WJ RE "Back to School" after the WJ/ Connolly staging duel last year). I do think a change was needed and disagreements should remain civil. I also expect someone to test the fence and see if the power is on.
Dave Clark

Jim
I believe our conversation in Pomona last year about the faceless-nameless cheap shots being thrown around the old Mater by those who were completely unidentifiable were a great reason for such a change. I'm not afraid of standing behind anything I've said despite what the John McGuires of the world say about my hat's color. I've often spoken my mind but never intended to offend, belittle or abuse another or his opinion. There were many times when others went beyond debate well into abuse from the safety and security of their unknown identities. It also seems their favorite targets were the higher profile members. It would be very easy to list specific names and instances but this is a new era and we have the potential to communicate on a much higher roadway than before. I can only hope such abusive behavior won't be tolerated.

This new board is much more akin to speaking face to face having our identities open. Generally speaking, a clear-headed, sober person will speak with others using respect and dignity. Those attributes were absent with certain members due to their unknown identities. This is far better in my eyes!
Hey that's just me though despite the color of my hat?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back