Godspeed Eric Lane (1 Viewer)

I just got a text from Corey this morning informing me about Eric and I still can hardly believe it. He was such a great guy and would help anyone in need. I remember one time when I was with Bode and our order of spark plugs didn't arrive and we were at the Us Nationals which is an extra day and we didn't have enough plugs to get us through the weekend. I went over to Forces trailer and Eric hooked us up with 2 boxes of plugs. God Speed "Hop". 😢

News like this makes me wish NHRA would've just cancelled the season.
1st. Dom getting injured.
And now Eric getting killed.
RIP Eric

R.I.P
wonder why he was laying in the roadway? Seems like maybe he got hit twice?

life is so fragile. this is unbelievable. made his acquaintance more than once. truly one of the good guys.
godspeed hop.

I suspect he had been hit already and knocked into the road.
Makes as much sense as anything. Highway 180 is the main east-west drag through town and there's a lot of traffic. The first thing that has already been mentioned is "had he been drinking?" Highly unlikely, and most definitely not in the restaurant he just left. Mineral Wells, Texas doesn't allow liquor to be served; you have to buy it packaged and take it off-location and that makes no sense at all in this case.

Carl, Thank you that bit of information cleared up a lot of questions I and probably many others had in our heads.

Carl, Thank you that bit of information cleared up a lot of questions I and probably many others had in our heads.
I know that area well; although I don't live there I had a business on Highway 180 for about 3 years. We're all speculating but the hit-twice theory seems to be the only thing that makes sense in what appears to be a really bizarre and tragic incident.

I know that area well; although I don't live there I had a business on Highway 180 for about 3 years. We're all speculating but the hit-twice theory seems to be the only thing that makes sense in what appears to be a really bizarre and tragic incident.
I sure hope they are investigating this. If he was walking around businesses then should be cameras everywhere. If a hit and run hope they catch the pos. It could be anything tho,could have had a health event and ended laying on the road from that then got hit??

Makes as much sense as anything. Highway 180 is the main east-west drag through town and there's a lot of traffic. The first thing that has already been mentioned is "had he been drinking?" Highly unlikely, and most definitely not in the restaurant he just left. Mineral Wells, Texas doesn't allow liquor to be served; you have to buy it packaged and take it off-location and that makes no sense at all in this case.

I’ve been to both the Mesquite Pit and Woody’s Bar and Grill and both beer and liquor were most definitely served in those two Mineral Wells restaurants and both across the street from hotels.....I hope that wasn’t a contributing factor. Best wishes for the family, and hit the Go Fund Me link above if you can help.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back