Gilbertson (1 Viewer)

That's really awesome, looks like Jungle running on the side with a spark plug in one hand, and the orange and blue look great together.

Really nice. I like that a lot. I was always a big Jungle fan, and I'm glad to see this happen. Hope nothing happens to the body before better pictures of it surface. Also really nice that it's a true custom paint job as opposed to a shrink wrap.

Pretty eye catching paint. One question I have though...what happened to the name Autolite? The name on the side of the car is Irridium which I'm sure is Autolite's latest new plug. Anyway, looks cool and certainly will be distinguishable from all the other cars, at least by color, and the Jungle Jim theme is a nice tribute.

GO GILBY

Dont get me wrong......its a great looking paint job, and I like Gilby and all, I think his team is most like the fuel racers from "back in the day" (eg a little mischief in the pits) and was/am a Jungle fan, but its a little too commercial for me to call it a "Jungle" tribute deal. I understand all too well who pays the bills and they get top billing, but it somehow cheapens Jungles memory, to me. I guess I just miss the old days when cars had names like Snowman, War Eagle, Texas Whips, Blue Max, not the abc oil car or the burp beer rail. Anyway sorry for the rambling, flame as you wish.......:cool:

I just got back from the track and obviously spending a bit of time in their pit. But the really cool thing about this paint job is that the orange is an orange flake with metallic sparkles in it and all over the paint scheme are ghost images that unless you're up close you can't see. Contrary to the previous post, I think Jungle (in today's NHRA) would be proud.

It's one of the most amazing paint jobs I've ever seen. I'm willing to bet that the painted injectors that match the scheme will become common place in the future. Trust me folks this paint scheme is BAD ASS!

I'll try to get some good pics this weekend and get them posted here.

DSD_6045.jpg

I saw the television piece they did this morning on that car. I think that paint scheme is outstanding. And since neither pictures nor television generally do justice to the actual article, I bet seeing that car in person is really something to behold.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back