Georgia on our mind (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Petition drive sends the ADRL back to Georgia on April 10-11

O'FALLON, Mo. (January 28, 2009) – American Drag Racing League officials announced today that round number two of the 2009 National Guard ADRL tour, will take place at Cook County Georgia's South Georgia Motorsports Park (SGMP) located in Cecil, Georgia on April 10-11.

In doing so, it gives the phrase "back by popular demand" a whole new meaning for the National Guard ADRL.

When the 2009 National Guard ADRL event schedule was being drawn up, ADRL officials had looked to expanding the tour into Florida. But late last week, a package filled with a petition containing over 6100 names of south Georgia and north Florida race fans arrived at the ADRL's O'Fallon headquarters. It had ADRL President and CEO Kenny Nowling placing a phone call to SGMP general manager Tim Fleming.

"I told him that I had received a petition postmarked Cecil, Georgia," began Nowling. "I felt compelled to ask him if there was a date available for the ADRL to return to SGMP and fortunately, his answer was a resounding yes."

For the fifth year in a row, race fans from south Georgia and north Florida are expected to jam the multi-purpose racing facility located just a dozen miles north of Valdosta for Georgia Drags V.

"I'm very happy that the ADRL is coming back," said SGMP general manager Tim Fleming. "It means a lot to the track and the entire community to have them back.

"I believe what has our fans so excited about that ADRL it that their events are non-stop action from start to finish.

The dragstrip's all-concrete racing surface, one of only a few in the country, has traditionally been the site of some of the year's best performances by ADRL competitors. The track also holds the distinction of having hosted more ADRL events, five, than any other facility.

"I want to acknowledge the efforts of (track) owners Kim and Rowland Wood in keeping the Georgia Drags at SGMP by giving us a multi-year deal," said Nowling. "Our three-year agreement with them will guarantee that south Georgia and north Florida race fans will continue to enjoy the ADRL experience for years to come."

About the National Guard
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation’s longest enduring institutions. The National Guard operates in all 50 states, three territories (Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands) and the District of Columbia. The National Guard maintains an overall motorsports presence with sponsorships in the ADRL, NASCAR, IRL and AMA Superbike series.

About the ADRL
Based in O’Fallon, Missouri, the American Drag Racing League is the nation’s premier sanctioning body for the sport of eighth-mile drag racing. The five categories featured in the ADRL's all-professional show are Extreme Pro Stock, Pro Extreme Motorcycle, Extreme 10.5, Pro Nitrous and Pro Extreme, the quickest full-bodied class in all of drag racing. The 2009 National Guard ADRL tour schedule consists of 10 national events run throughout the United States.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back