Friday testing ? (1 Viewer)

Because Pro Mod, Nitro Harley and Factory Stock Showdown have not been on track yet this year. Some have tested some haven't. This give them all a chance to make a couple of hits if they want to, without going to the expense of traveling somewhere else and renting a track. I also think it's a nice "Welcome back" gesture on NHRA's part.

And you wouldn't offer extra qualifying runs to anybody that wants them. That would basically force the team to come in a day early and take advantage of Friday's forecasted cooler conditions. Then there's the guy who would make 6 runs....... Qualifying is Saturday.

Alan

Because Pro Mod, Nitro Harley and Factory Stock Showdown have not been on track yet this year. Some have tested some haven't. This give them all a chance to make a couple of hits if they want to, without going to the expense of traveling somewhere else and renting a track. I also think it's a nice "Welcome back" gesture on NHRA's part.

And you wouldn't offer extra qualifying runs to anybody that wants them. That would basically force the team to come in a day early and take advantage of Friday's forecasted cooler conditions. Then there's the guy who would make 6 runs....... Qualifying is Saturday.

Alan
I'm liking this Friday test, Saturday qualify format....Moving forward (post Covid), I think it should be considered

Alan

Yep. Fair is fair. The IHRA was on to something with the 2 day shows. When I first became a fan in '97, I wanted 360 events a year as 20-24 was never enough. Given 23 years later, this sport will die unless parity increases and costs go down. You start to see the pleasure for a fan, wreck havoc for the producers of the entertainment. I saw a quote from the moved on champ Tanner Grey.

“I was pretty dead set on doing this,” Gray said. “I told my dad (former Pro Stock driver Shane Gray) whether I won the championship or even won a race, I said ‘I think this will be it. This year I think I have close to 30-something races (compared to) the NHRA schedule I raced in 24 races. When you go to the NHRA race you’re at the same place from Thursday to Monday … You fly in Thursday and you usually fly out Monday. But you’re at the same place. This week I go to Tuscon and then fly straight from Tuscon to Toledo to test. I’m constantly moving around to different places, testing a lot more and everything else.”

All this from someone the age of what we are trying to target. He is talking about his career preferences, but the quotes fit perfectly for today's a.d.d. society.

i was just asking if they could hookup a mic to the announcer so we can hear whos running
and then looks like a pro mod took out the camera in front of the tree after a crazy burnout
geez next

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back