First qualifying session at Topeka (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
I saw the results of tonight's Top Fuel and Funny Car session on Drag Race Central, and I'm very pleasantly surprised to see almost everyone in both classes making full passes in the 89 degree heat, with 116 degree track temp. I was all prepared for a sea of tire smokers, with just a few teams in each class making full passes. Must be a combination of everyone having a real decent hot weather tune-up these days, and very good track prep by the Safety Safari. Good job, everyone.

I saw the results of tonight's Top Fuel and Funny Car session on Drag Race Central, and I'm very pleasantly surprised to see almost everyone in both classes making full passes in the 89 degree heat, with 116 degree track temp. I was all prepared for a sea of tire smokers, with just a few teams in each class making full passes. Must be a combination of everyone having a real decent hot weather tune-up these days, and very good track prep by the Safety Safari. Good job, everyone.
I was there and it was one of the best Q1 rounds of Fuel I have seen in a long time. I'm wondering how many teams will pass on one or both rounds today given the expected heat.

It was good indeed. But 89 degrees ain't that hot once the sun goes down; 116 track degrees is certainly manageable and it made for some great racing. Funny Car, too. But wait until this afternoon when the track is 140+.....they might have a tough time qualifying for Pro Stock.....
Oh well, it can't always be 65 degrees with a 500' DA. Topeka in the middle of summer is always a challenge.

All the teams are to be commended for putting on a good show Friday and Saturday, considering the heat. Way better than I expected. Tough place to race in mid August, for fans and racers both. Glad I don't have to work on a car in this heat.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back