Finally ! Ultimate No-Prep Drag Racing ! (1 Viewer)

Yep, this is the way it was back in the daze. Only thing missing is a flag starter. I do have a problem with the track letting those old dragsters run without a modern roll cage. One drivers head was about a foot above the roll bars.

Yep, this is the way it was back in the daze. Only thing missing is a flag starter. I do have a problem with the track letting those old dragsters run without a modern roll cage. One drivers head was about a foot above the roll bars.
As slow as they're going, it's probably not a real risk.

That looks like fun. I remember when an 11 sec. street car was BAD ASS. Now all you have to do is go to the dealer
and pick the color.

To each his own, but no where near enough action for me and that track is exactly 1 hour from my house.

real no-prep drag racing.....1980's cordova dragway. grew up watching this. would be there on regular bracket weekends like this. what great memories.

I did this kind of racing for years and years...... We were the real NO PREP racers - even 6-second cars. Best you got was MAYBE 60-100' of VHT...... at the beginning of the day and MAYBE before first round. After that it was whatever (little) rubber was down and beyond that you're on your own! I was flipping channels recently and saw No Prep Kings and had to laugh..... those tracks are WAY more prepped than the old tracks we used to race on!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back