FC dry sump tank location (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Where on a TF/FC is the dry sump tank located? I am assuming under the box used for the clutch/fuel/data collection systems. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I beleived they all are wet sump now , aren't they . I'm sure they are not belt driven dry sumps like the pro stocks

No dry sump, you can tell because they pour all the oil into the lifter gallery after rebuilding the bottom end.

If it was a dry sump then they would pour all the oil into a tank.

NHRA Requires funny cars to run a dry sump system. As stated above, it's next to the fuel tank.

In the early 2000's, a few dragsters tried dry sump systems as well. Joe Amato was one of them, but he didn't keep it in the car any more then pre-season testing I don't think.

Dry sump tank to the right of fuel tank
17688585-909-2010-NHRA-CertMay-2010-Nitro-Chassis.jpg

Tom if you are standing in front of the car looking at the fuel tank the dry sump tank is on the right side of the fuel tank. The large cap is fuel and the small cap is oil. We run 16-quarts of 70 weight synthetic oil through a fram HP-6 filter.

No dry sump, you can tell because they pour all the oil into the lifter gallery after rebuilding the bottom end.

If it was a dry sump then they would pour all the oil into a tank.

FC is dry sump. They pour 1 gallon of oil in to the motor so it doesn't start dry. 2 1/2 gallons in to dry sump tank in front. Oil pump is shaft driven off of motor.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back