Factory Stock (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Oh boy, Rd 1 Q. Randy Eakins #1 at 7.817 177.58. #16 is Terry Munroe 8.063 169.25. There are 31 cars that made Q1. Wow, 31 cars.... I am thinking this could be an all 7 second field. This reminds me so much of the first year NHRA ran the 500" Pro Stockers, with times really close to what we are seeing in Factory Stock. Oh Leah is #12 at 8.007.

just like the 70's factor the Mopars out, lets see how long it takes NHRA to fix it this time. Last year they did not hesitate to add 50 to Mopars lets see if they take it off as fast.

Are they weight per cu in or total weight

Also does anyone know why they were weighing winners of Street Outlaws No Prep in Texas.

Well, the field is set. Leah is the only Mopar in the field, #6 at 7.852. The bump was 7.920, Pete Gasko in a Camaro. Bill Skillman #1 @ 7.744. By the way, top speed is 178.24, Carl Tasca in a Mustang. That is a stout field. The bump spot would have been low ET of the world last year.

just like the 70's factor the Mopars out, lets see how long it takes NHRA to fix it this time. Last year they did not hesitate to add 50 to Mopars lets see if they take it off as fast.
I’m not going to hold my breath waiting on that to happen.
Let’s see what happens if a Ford wins the class at the Chevrolet U.S. Nationals this year. I’m betting the Fords will be penalized as quickly as the Mopars were last year.

Nasty looking incident with Burton , put it into the opposite wall.
Nearly got T-boned by opponent.

So if I am reading correctly Ford and GM are allowed the new blowers, not Mopar??

Wow talk about kicking them in the nuts.

I am having some serious flashbacks...........I might need therapy

I was seriously impressed by this class yesterday. The tension around the bump spot, constant records, massive wheelstands, crazy moments like the accident...it really had it all.

So if I am reading correctly Ford and GM are allowed the new blowers, not Mopar??

And this is the kinda sh!t I was talking about when it comes to NHRA getting it right this time. I understand the fact, as well as why the different manufacturers will always have subtle differences in cubic inches, but now we already have a blower configuration with a higher displacement. Yeah, it's only .1, but there's no reason to not have blower size and overdrive the same. Now, if the blowers are the same size and overdrive, but the efficiency is better from one brand to another, that's a different story. Do your homework in the off-season and quit whining. But that doesn't appear to be the case here, unless I'm hearing/reading wrong.

That said, regardless of the issue(s) with the blowers on the Fords, they've obviously taken an interest in this class as a manufacturer in the off-season, and it shows. They're still under on cubes and flat lowered the boom on everybody over the winter. Blower concerns or not, Ken and Ted, what they've gained over the winter won't even come close to be evened up by 50lbs. There's more going on here.

*Disclaimer*: As a lifetime GM guy, I would like nothing more than for Ford and Mopar to move to the front of this class after the stunt GM did to its workers lately. ;)

Sean D

Ford FINALLY is using a 5.2 instead of the 5.0, still has the smallest engine of the bunch but does have dual overhead cams. The MOPARS should have had the extra 50 pounds taken off as of the beginning of the Gators and I guess the Chevys have a new blower. Sure was a fast field! But the MOPARS are getting screwed like the old days. This is an exciting class but I still think that they should be on bigger tires, 1,000+ horsepower on 9" tires has resulted in too much wall banging! These cars should be in Super Stock, just my 2 cents worth. I was racing back when Super Stock was created, most of them were not too practical for a daily driver, especially the 413 and 426 Plymouth and Dodges.

Is MoPar getting screwed? NHRA only approves or disapproves parts submitted to them by the manufacturer. The rumor is that MoPar did not submitted a new blower for approval.

Stan

Is MoPar getting screwed? NHRA only approves or disapproves parts submitted to them by the manufacturer. The rumor is that MoPar did not submitted a new blower for approval.

Stan

Yes, they were hit with a 50lb penalty as soon as they were winning. Lets see how long it takes NHRA to add 50 lbs to the Fords being they are dominating now.
Answer;
Not going to happen. probably cut the Chevies 50 lbs to make them competitive with Ford and leave Mopar behind.

Yea-I'm ready for them to be part of the big show. Especially since there's now many trying to qualify-have factory support-and are fast and look like street cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back