Factory Stock getting quicker (1 Viewer)

With several notable rule changes for 2019, including the approval of new supercharger technology,

I would think this would also help the MOPARS, they might have to actually more weight to the mighty HEMI..................

The article said they have a more efficient blower now. Probably had something to do with it.

And, if anybody believes that would ever happen, I’ve got some beautiful swamp land for sale.
I'll reserve further comment on the weight penalty for now pending some testing results from the Mopars. But if they are mired in the 7.90s while GM & Ford are running 70s & 80s I'll be writing NHRA a strongly worded letter ;)

The article said they have a more efficient blower now. Probably had something to do with it.
Right, they all have the Whipple now.

Question, what rearend does the Dodge Challanger use in this class?
Reason I asked is I saw an article about the Demon blasting the rearend at a special event held at Houston last month.
Two cars had problems and Dodge is looking into the problem.

"Note: NHRA may make adjustments to (minimum weights, supercharger pulley ratios, etc.) at any time to control performance and maintain parity within the category. "

Instead of parity let's have something that creates heros again...mandate manual transmissions and bring the driver back into the equation....there's your racing right there. Who will become "Mr. 5 Speed"?

Remembering Ronnie Sox :
"But perhaps the best measuring stick for Sox's shifting talents came in 1973, the year that everybody switched to the clutchless Lenco transmissions. Many teams cited the reduced breakage as the primary reason for the move, but just about every driver went quicker with a Lenco, some picking up as much as a tenth of a second. Sox, by contrast, was the only driver whose car slowed down with a Lenco, losing a very measurable .04-second.
spacer.gif
The science of power shifting, which is the act of changing gears with a manual transmission with the engine at wide-open throttle, is a lost art in today's world of air-shifted two-speed Powerglides. Power shifting requires the hand-foot coordination of a tap-dancing juggler because the timing of the hard yank of the shift lever must be carefully synchronized with the minimal application of the clutch pedal to prevent the over-revving of the engine. During the 1960s and early 1970s, there were a number of excellent four-speed drivers on the scene, including Don Nicholson, Butch Leal, Herb McCandless, Arlen Vanke, Bill Jenkins, and many others, but none could boast that they were better than Sox.
spacer.gif
Said Martin, "Ronnie's skills as a driver were a gift. He was very coordinated with the hand and foot. In addition to his shifting, his reaction times were outstanding. Everybody drove four-speed cars at that time, and other drivers would miss gears left and right. That never happened with Ronnie. Everybody had an excuse, but Ronnie could get into anyone else's car and have no problems whatsoever."

Question, what rearend does the Dodge Challanger use in this class?
Reason I asked is I saw an article about the Demon blasting the rearend at a special event held at Houston last month.
Two cars had problems and Dodge is looking into the problem.
Ford 9"

They are not "factory stock", anymore, are they? They have gone the same way as "Pro Stock", went. Nothing stock about them, anymore.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back