Excerpt from Don Prudhomme book (1 Viewer)

My wife got me this book for Christmas....started reading it that evening...but late afternoon on the 26th...I was finished. What an incredible story.👏 It is not terribly long...but it grips you and just keep reading. I love the way each decade is broken out how all the little short stories just blend together and even reference each other from decade to decade. It is amazing reading about all of the stark personality differences between a lot of the faces we have seen over the years. Not only from a competitive standpoint but from a business standpoint as well. The background on his upbringing and his family history is really captivating. What really leaves something to one's imagination is how he always mentions where they were racing or what tour they were on where they were going for months at a time - not a whole lot is said some of the details of those trips - ask I think back to some of the crazy racing travel stories I have encountered over the years - I bet he could fill another 10 books with those alone. :D

I think what really struck me the most was the part in the 80/90's - with the onslaught of technology - how it obviously changed the sport and some adapted quickly and others were still old school (I miss those days). On top of that how the role of the actual crew chief actually evolved - and some of the challenges that presented at the time and years down the road.

Incredible and read and I highly recommend it to everyone on here! The autographed copies were sold already but hopefully one day I can get it signed.

The autographed copies were sold already but hopefully one day I can get it signed.
Since his involvement with the Prock/Montana deal, I've seen Snake at most of the races. I'd keep it handy if you go you a race; probably a good chance of getting it signed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back