ESPY awards- Steve Torrance best driver nominee-Vote now!! (1 Viewer)

I would vote for him but after his comments about Salinas, nope.

Hey Ken, I get your not liking what he said, Steve can be a little abrasive... and I will admit I did not care for it myself.
But when I heard what he said about the "manufactured rivalry" i did reconsider.
As I do not follow the other Motorsports, can you tell me which other driver had a dominating performance like Steve did?
I mean after all, it is a driver of the year, not personality of the year.

As a side note, can you imagine the possible marketing opportunities for the sport of drag racing if Steve won?
Corporate America might really take notice.
It would help the sport that we are all passionate about.

Last edited:
He may be the best all around guy in the world but his demeanor during interviews is terrible and that's all we have to judge him by. There used to be a class that companies would send their administrators to to help improve their speaking and demeanor while in public. Can't remember the name of it but it really worked. Steve needs that help as bad as anyone I've ever seen. Comes across as a spoiled jerk although by all accounts he's not. First impressions count and his is terrible.

Say what you want about Steve Torrence but this picture by Mark J. Rebilas after Torrence beat Terry McMillen last year (I don’t remember the race) says a lot about the man.

Attachments

• F09C3A96-5F6A-49B7-9FE5-3CA691098A53.jpeg
    F09C3A96-5F6A-49B7-9FE5-3CA691098A53.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 42
Hey Ken, I get your not liking what he said, Steve can be a little abrasive... and I will admit I did not care for it myself.
But when I heard what he said about the "manufactured rivalry" i did reconsider.
As I do not follow the other Motorsports, can you tell me which other driver had a dominating performance like Steve did?
I mean after all, it is a driver of the year, not personality of the year.

As a side note, can you imagine the possible marketing opportunities for the sport of drag racing if Steve won?
Corporate America might really take notice.
It would help the sport that we are all passionate about.

F1 Lewis Hamilton, the man is surpassing Michael Schumaker and his interviews are pure class.

also at Norwalk they asked the question Who is (drivers name) to each driver and the drivers responded, do you know what Steve Torrences response was ??

STEVE TORRENCE IS A SPOILED RICH KID.........................that was his response .

yeah but since he's paying his own way he can say and do anything he wants to !!!

True but when what you are saying is untrue it changes the dynamic, he said unlike Salinas he goes back to work on Monday. I guarantee you Salinas has worked harder to get where he is than Steve ever did, Steve was handed it.

F1 Lewis Hamilton, the man is surpassing Michael Schumaker and his interviews are pure class.

also at Norwalk they asked the question Who is (drivers name) to each driver and the drivers responded, do you know what Steve Torrences response was ??

STEVE TORRENCE IS A SPOILED RICH KID.........................that was his response .
Who is Michael Schumaker?

And the comment by Steve Torrence, I interpret that as sarcastic humor... and better sarcastic than none... 👍

A whole lot of snowflakes in here...I better put a coat on.
X2

Good grief, it's a best driver of the year award, not a PC personality contest. You guys are unbelievable. You bitch and complain that drivers are too vanilla, too corporate, too PC, etc. in their interviews, but yet your fragile little feelings get hurt when Steve O' makes a few sarcastic remarks. You guys seriously need some thicker skin.

And BTW, should Steve actually win the ESPY, the NHRA will NEVER run with it and turn it into anything good for the sport. They are too freakin lazy.

Yes, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Rant over.

I would vote for him but after his comments about Salinas, nope.

Torrence has been careful about mouthing off as of late. I don't like all the sleepy "I want to thank...bla, bla..." and I even enjoy a rivalry - but he was pushing the prick envelope pretty good for awhile. The last 3-4 races he's been both interesting and professional; I reckon winning has him in a better frame of mind. I don't necessarily think he's the best driver out there - Antron Brown comes to mind - but he's good and he's the one that was nominated so I'll throw him a vote.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back