ESPN 360 covering races again this year (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
ESPN 360 covering races this year -NEVERMIND

Just a "heads-up":
Looks like ESPN 360 will be doing wall-to-wall SUNDAY coverage of NHRA events again this year. (I didn't see any announcement but, checked their schedule.)

I kept my ATT DSL service JUST to access this feature (which is NOT available on my Comcast broadband hook up). Suggest you check with your broadband provider.

Just FYI: This service is really good quality VIDEO - in REAL TIME - each Sunday. A LOT like being there - downtime and all<G>.

My only complaint, they don't pick-up the tower / audiocast audio, so, unless the Pros are running, you have to 'figger the Sportman competitors for yourself.
PS: There is a lag (through-put issue?) between Audiocast audio and the Video image, so, running them simultaneously, doesn't seem to solve the problem.

The Pomona feed begins at 2:00PM EST Sunday.

Last edited:
Woo Hoo!! Better get my son to figure out how to get it on my big screen with surround sound...............:)

That and the audiocast will have me covered all season (even though I will be at Englishtown for Friday & Sat), I do wish the Audiocast was linked to the 360 for the other sportsman classes (Pros are taped for the broadcast & Top Alcohol as well), the only thing I like on the ESPN broadcasts is Stat Guy Lewis Bloom, I hope he can be a part of the Lucas oil shows as the reporter (Whatever Gary Gerould is) as well as the stat guy.

Lewis Bloom=RATINGS!!!

I JUST noted that the ESPN 360 coverage for Pomona Sunday 2/8 is now listed for 6:30pm ET. A few days ago the program listed a start time of 2:00 ET - indicating all day coverage similar to last year.

I hope it is just a listing burp. I have a note in to ESPN 360 and will update when I ascertain further information.

Grrrrr!

I think I will lean towards the earlier listing. Don't think it makes much sense to provide delayed ESPN360 coverage..........

'Sorta update 3;30 EST Tuesday

Neither the folks at ESPN360 nor at NHRA in Glendora could give me assurance that the broadband "broadcast" would start before 3;30 EST Sunday. As yet, I haven't spoken to a person at either place who had a depth of knowledge of the product.
So....I'll continue to dig 'til I get to the "right person" (if such exists) and advise.
In the meantime, I'll turn on the computer at 11:00 EST in hopes they will follow the same wall-to-wall coverage as last season.
Worst case, start watching SOMETHING at 3:30EST.

Re: ESPN 360 covering races again this year NEVERMIND

This is disappointing!

As of Friday 3:45PM EST ESPN360.com schedule is showing NHRA coverage from Pomona Sunday beginning at 7PM EST. (NOT 3:30pm or 2:00 pm)

Obviously, they will NOT be doing wire-to-wire feed.

PS: I;ll check-in earlier but, not hopeful.:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back