episode 8/14 (1 Viewer)

Angie

Nitro Member
I was laughin my ass off!!!! I had a strict step dad, so I can understand.....
great episode.......:D

Is it just me, or would Laurie's actions piss you off too? How hypocritical... call him to the hill to discuss the "problem" about the hotel after prom, then side with the kid and act like you're on their side when Dad says no way?!? Huh? Isn't that just perpetuating the rift between Father-Daughter?

Oooh-wee....makes me glad I was between Step-Dad's at Prom time! lol

My poor Father had NO idea and Mom was out of town that weekend! ;):D

another great episode. i couldnt believe it when they let the swear word out and didnt beep it. man if i ever have a daughter, i think ill be in the funny farm when shes a teen:D force just make ya laugh like hell. great show!

Allllll righty then....
As a father... I LMAO... and again, I felt for John. been there, done that. But from listening to my kids, I hear there's been a role reversal...

John did offer Eric a job at the shop... and just think, if Eric and Courtney last, someday she could become....

Drum Roll Please....

Courtney Love :eek:

Allllll righty then....
As a father... I LMAO... and again, I felt for John. been there, done that. But from listening to my kids, I hear there's been a role reversal...

John did offer Eric a job at the shop... and just think, if Eric and Courtney last, someday she could become....

Drum Roll Please....

Courtney Love :eek:
thats 1 lucky young kid. if hes smart hell be very good to her, make ker happy, and hell be set! crew member, driver, whatever. lucky dude!

what kills me about this deal is it seems everytime John reaches out and tries to be something to Lauire...She shite's on him!

I understand that he may have not been the perfect husband all long and has done some things he should not have done...but at this point she either needs to leave him or get over it!

oh yeah i'm glad i have a son!

Is it just me, or would Laurie's actions piss you off too? How hypocritical... call him to the hill to discuss the "problem" about the hotel after prom, then side with the kid and act like you're on their side when Dad says no way?!? Huh? Isn't that just perpetuating the rift between Father-Daughter?
Put this together with Jerrod's post, Erica.

I don't see how John can win at all..with her..uhh..I mean those odds..hehe.

He'll be wipin it off till the day he dies.

So far my wife has actually watched all of the episodes and usually says what an ass John is but at the same time understands what he is going through. After last nights episode she realizes Laurie is the main problem with that relationship. I feel like I won and didn't even have to fight!;)

what kills me about this deal is it seems everytime John reaches out and tries to be something to Lauire...She shite's on him!

I understand that he may have not been the perfect husband all long and has done some things he should not have done...but at this point she either needs to leave him or get over it!

oh yeah i'm glad i have a son!

DITTO!!!!:rolleyes:
And I too, am glad I've got boys!!!!;)

The word got thru because it's a cable only channel and it was after 10pm in my time zone. They also gave it a L rating.
Great show but he lost out all around. The girls have him whipped. And yea, Laurie knows how to pull his chain. I wonder, who's going to get the new house?

It does seem the wife is....

playing the side of the daughters and John gets info second hand.Definitely a communication problem .Does John give Laurie a chance to talk ? It makes you wonder what has gone down through the years in this relationship ,that's for sure ..

I feel for John. Last night's show was really funny, but also emotional at the same time. Even though he wasn't involved much in their earlier years, he seems like he really wants to be there now. It takes some people a few years to realize certain things are more important in their lives. Give the guy a break, Laurie.

So far my wife has actually watched all of the episodes and usually says what an ass John is but at the same time understands what he is going through. After last nights episode she realizes Laurie is the main problem with that relationship. I feel like I won and didn't even have to fight!;)

That's a little judgemental, don't you think? We're 'tuning in' on this family after what, 25 years or more of "marriage"? We have no idea what Laurie went through to bring her to the point of having an attitude.

And also, it IS a TV show. :rolleyes:

I guess that could be construed as a "little" judgemental. What the heck, we are watching a reality tv show. :D Hard to say what has actually transpired over the entire marriage let alone the many hours of taping for the few minutes we get during one episode.

One thing's for sure.....the lack of gun safety made me VERY nervous! As a parent of a child that shoots handguns, shotguns and rifles....not to mention that my boyfriend and I have started a shooting club and are responsible for our members' safety, I winced at that whole segment! My kiddo hasn't seen this episode yet, but you can be sure he and I will discuss the cell phone while firing thing. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing's for sure.....the lack of gun safety made me VERY nervous! As a parent of a child that shoots handguns, shotguns and rifles....not to mention that my boyfriend and I have started a shooting club and are responsible for our members' safety, I winced at that whole segment! My kiddo hasn't seen this episode yet, but you can be sure he and I will discuss the cell phone while firing thing. :eek:

While I understand your stance on this issue and I actually agree, I found it humorous when he said, "I hit that sum b*tch on a cell call!"

Yes, Justin it was funny.......not safe, but funny. ;) I was glad to see Robert was a little 'miffed' over it, too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back