Englishtown (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
I saw a post by Richard Napp on FB, it was actually a video, where he is discussing a recent ruling where Old Bridge Township has changed the zoning which basically seals the fate for the hope of drag racing ever coming back to Englishtown. He was very upset, and said he had always remained hopeful that racing would return one day. It confused me because I thought the track was sold, maybe it was leased for a period of time? If there was a chance for drag racing to return to Englishtown, sounds like it's officially dead. Maybe Berserko can shed some light.

The track signed a 5-year lease with Coparts for car storage in what was the pit area. SInce then, the track has removed the drag strip barriers and pretty much destroyed the drag strip. They still run drifting, road course runs, motocross and other events. That can all continue but drag racing cannot return. Despite what Richard Napp says in the video, the township committee had to meet public notice requirements before it voted. If they did not, the rezoning vote would be easily overturned in court.

The township changed zoning for the property to residential. Existing uses can continue but the family cannot sell the property to an owner who wants to build warehouses.

That sounds like Big Developer comes in, buys property, builds a gazillion houses all 3 feet from each other, makes $$$$$$$$$ and that is the end of it.

That sounds like Big Developer comes in, buys property, builds a gazillion houses all 3 feet from each other, makes $$$$$$$$$ and that is the end of it.

Drag racing was never coming back to Englishtown. All this rezoning does is stop the Napp family from selling to someone who wants to build warehouses or other industrial developments.

Drag racing ended for good when the Napp family decided to pull the plug.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back