Elite changed chassis? (2 Viewers)

Con

Nitro Member
Eric and Jeg both running better this weekend . Semi finals coverage you can see Jerry Haas sticker on side window.
Announcer said Jeg was using a car from Larry Morgan. Last car Morgan raced was a Haas chassis.

About all the pro stock cars run a Haas chassis.
Anyone at race verify the chassis change.

I notice that also . Now RJ has built a ProMod car for Erica not sure if that is a go or not.

As poorly as Jeg has been running it does not suprise me.

But isn't RJ one of Elite's sponsors.

Both of the leased engine customers, Laughlin and Noble have Haas chassis.

And after Hartford won I thought his car also has a Haas window sticker and Elite supplies his engine.

They made a point that Jeggie was in a loaned Haas car, not as sure about Erica ... I doubt it given the paint job.

The owner made a comment about doing what they had to do, but also noting that Rick and Rickie were still playing their same role.

In the starting line close ups you could clearly see the Jerry Haas window logo sticker on her car.

This the same window sticker you see on every other Haas cars other teams use
And same as Laughlin and Noble.

Erica.......sorry honey we have to buy our car from your competitor if we want to win.............that had to be an uncomfortable conversation.

Both Elite house teams are now using Haas cars. As is just about the entire PS class. Kudos to Rick and Rickie Jones for going along with the program and looking at all options to get the job done even if it isn't in one of their cars. They will be better because of it.

Curious to know the history of the car/chassis that Erica drove.

Announcer said Jeg had borrowed/leased
The car from Larry Morgan. That car is probably the car Larry used when he won the Mile High Nationals. That car was used by the Grays and had a Grey engine. A few years old.

Laughlin"s car is a older car
I think that Nobile has a new Haas car which they ordered this winter. That was part of the reason that they stopped racing the last few fall races.

Erica.......sorry honey we have to buy our car from your competitor if we want to win.............that had to be an uncomfortable conversation.
I don't understand, Ken. Are you confusing EE's husband, Richie Stevens, with her former chassis builder, Rickie Jones?

I noticed the Haas cars for Elite. Didn't Erica win both championships in an RJ car? Also is that a wrap on the roll bars that look like carbon fiber ?

Ooh, Ooh, I know this one. Carbon fiber wrap to protect the roll bar finish getting inane out, sometimes it is only a decal too.

Eric won Championships in RJ Cars but that was running carbs. Since running fuel injection R J Cars not running as good as others in Haas cars.

Heard that Elite horsepower was good but the RJ chassis and FI was the problem.

Nobile skipped races due to poor running car. They had a Haas car built over the winter.

Laughlin has ran better than Elite team cars in older Haas car.

They said Jeg was in Larry Morgan older Haas car.

I think I heard Kramer car was older Butner car.
Was the Hartford car a new or old Haas car and Elite engine.

What is the history of the Haas car Enders raced this weekend?

Sometimes you just need to try something different just for process of elimination. Even if it doesn't work, at least you won't 2nd guess yourself all year long. Changing chassis manufactures is something that happens, although in this case it's a little different. I think one year WJ had 3 new cars built. Haas, RJ and Ness and just picked the one that worked best.

Kramer has a new car this year, they ran the Dart last year and had a new Camaro built this year.
Brogdon was in a car that Butner drove or a few races last year, I believe but am not positive that Anderson drove it as well.
They are both Ken Black powered.

Hartford's car is his own (or Kenny Koretsky's) that they have had now for two years, but have not the full slate of races. With Elite power.

The EE car was last raced by Brad Klein, and Jeggie's car was borrowed from Morgan. Then the music stopped.......

P.S. Anybody that follows Pro Stock closely knows that the run Hartford made in the final was potentially the best run of the weekend from any car, considering the conditions when he ran.

Alan

Not sure exactly, but the chassis on a Pro Stock car doesn't wear out like a Top Fuel car. And even so, that car hasn't been running much the last couple of years. Believe it or not, some of the cars you are seeing on track now were originally built as Cobalts, they have been re-skinned as Camaros but they are still competitive.

Alan

Ooh, Ooh, I know this one. Carbon fiber wrap to protect the roll bar finish getting inane out, sometimes it is only a decal too.
It's more of a carbon fiber tube than a "wrap". Sold in roughly the same size as the tube that goes inside a roll of gift wrapping paper ... but the tube only goes around 65% to 75% so with the aid of some double sided tape it can protect the pipe underneath from being scratched (typically that pipe is painted or powder coated).

The carbon fiber look steering wheels are typically dipped ... you can see the weld beads of the aluminum they are made with.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back