DSR Pre-Race Report: Bristol (1 Viewer)

DSR logo.jpg

Bristol Pre-Race Report
NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals

Event 9 of 22
Bristol Dragway
Bristol, Tenn.
June 17 – 19, 2022

TONY SCHUMACHER: Driver of the Maynard Family Racing/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel Dragster
Tony.jpg
Highlights.jpg

Noteworthy:
  • Six of Schumacher’s 85 Top Fuel triumphs were won at the Thunder Valley Nationals, making him the winningest driver (among NHRA’s four pro categories) in the history of the facility
  • Prior to this 2022 season, Schumacher last competed at Bristol in 2018 where he emerged victorious, defeating Mike Salinas in the final round. Schumacher is looking to pick up right where he left off in 2018 and claim his first win of the season
Fan Events:
  • Fans are encouraged to join Schumacher at Boones Creek Outdoor Power (119 Mary St., Gray, Tenn.) from 10:00 a.m. to noon ET on Thursday for a Scag-hosted fan appearance
  • Schumacher will join several of his Camping World Series competitors at the 'Thunder Valley Nationals Fan Fest in the Pits' autograph session on Saturday evening. The event will begin approx. 30 minutes post-nitro qualifying, and will be located in the pro pits.
Quotable:
“Honestly, I cannot wait to get to Bristol. I know I’ve said that same thing a couple of other times this year about other tracks, but I tell you what, I miss Bristol like no other race track. I sat out last year and in 2019, so this will be my first time in four years competing at Bristol, and I just love it there. I love the fans, I love the facility. I’ve had a lot of success at that track; won it six times, which makes us the winningest pro team to compete at Bristol Dragway. Every time I go out there, I forget how awesome it is until I go stand down on the starting line and take in that amazing view. Another thing that is unique to that facility is that the pro pits are literally right next to the right lane, so we get to take in the show while we work. Every time a car passes by, it reminds us of just how darn fast these cars go.
“Our crew chiefs, Todd Okuhara and Marc Denner, have a good handle on what they’ve diagnosed as something that has been causing us problems this year. Anytime you can take care of a huge problem, something that’s been wreaking havoc for a while, you can’t wait to get to the next race because you’re chomping at the bit to redeem yourself. This weekend can’t come soon enough. We’re getting into town a day early and I’ll be meeting fans at a Scag appearance on Thursday, so if you’re in the area, please come out to Boones Creek Outdoor Power in Gray, Tenn. from 10:00 a.m. to noon, and say hello.”

Constant Aviation Factory Stock Showdown Series (Event 4 of 8):
DAVID DAVIES: Driver of the D H Davies Racing®/Save Our Allies Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak
Davies.jpg

Last Event (Richmond):
Qualified No. 13; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Stephen Bell in E1; defeated by Jesse Alexandra in E2)

MARK PAWUK: Driver of the Empaco Equipment Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak
Pawuk.jpg

Last Event (Richmond):
Qualified No. 10; First round exit (defeated by David Barton in E1)
NHRA Career Statistics:
30 races; three runner-up finishes; three No. 1 qualifiers

WARREN WALCHER: Driver of the Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak
Walcher.jpg

Last Event (Richmond):

Qualified ninth; First round exit (defeated by Daniel Condon in E1)

About Don Schumacher Racing
Established in 1998, Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) has grown to become the winningest organization in NHRA Drag Racing history, and further cemented its position as one of motorsports’ elite teams when it surpassed the ‘350 wins’ milestone during the 2020 season. DSR owns 19 world championships in three different NHRA categories, and including hall-of-fame team owner Don Schumacher’s five NHRA Funny Car triumphs from the 1970s, DSR has been successful in capturing 366 national event victories overall.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR campaigns the Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series with fan-favorite Tony Schumacher at the helm. As an eight-time world champion and 85-time NHRA national event winner, Schumacher is the most decorated Top Fuel driver of all time.
DSR also campaigns three entries in the Factory Stock Showdown Series. The trio of DSR Dodge Drag Paks is piloted by former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk, David Davies, who made his NHRA debut with DSR in 2021, and Warren Walcher, who is set to compete in his first full FSS season in 2022.
For more information, visit shoeracing.com, or Follow Us @shoeracing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back