Don Schumacher's Wonder Wagon Update (1 Viewer)

Big Sexy

Nitro Member
Here are the latest Spy shots of the Wonder Wagon Cuda AA/FC. The body is 90% completed, and will debut at the Match Race Mania on May 17th in Joliet.

Eric Strandberg of Paris IL painted her, and Eureka Signs and Display did the graphics!

P4180022.jpg

P4190031.jpg

P4190032.jpg

P4190033.jpg

the car looks really great justin

can't wait to see it out in a couple weeks

Damn, that looks so wicked sick good!

Any West coast appearances planned?

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont let that stinkin Randy Baker drive it(LOL):D

Don't worry Mike. My buddy Joe H. aka "Mini Me" drives Justin's car. Other than having to sit on a phone book to see over the dash,,,,he does a great job in there. ;)

I can't wait to see the car in person. It looks *****en in all the photos. :cool:

Rapid

Mike it isn't planned right now. But I have all summer to bug Dave or Danny about going. ;) :D :D After going to the event last year, I sure would like to come out again.

Rapid

Justin,
The car just Looks Right, Eddie did a great job on the vinyl, and the spots up the middle, and mini me done good on the prep work. bit*hin' looking ride.

Paul,
I'm really partial to 69/70 mini chargers myself, but the 70/72 mini cudas were sweet. There was a candy apple red one out of KB's shop that WAS the first to run 220 painted by some guy named Rubin that I really liked.

Then there was a series of orange/tangerine long nose mustangs running out of Russ Davis Ford I liked too.

I will say that during that era, with all the 'mini' or long nose cars, that floppers didn't look any more like their street counterparts than floppers look like theirs today. There is a reason we called them "Funny Cars". Maybe it's just me, but I've always felt the Street cars looked wrong and the F/C's looked right. I drive an '05 'stang today and I feel that JFR got it right. I drove a 69 charger for a while, years ago and it looked like a boat compared to what I saw at the track. And don't get me started on the Ed Wells mini chargers in '71, they were 'right' in profile, but they were the most ugly thing's I've ever seen. We're seeing the same thing in N/FC today, too much front overhang to make the cars look 'right'. :)

One thing I do miss about that era, is that we had The California Cars, The Chicago Cars, The Northwest Hitters, The Texas Cars, The Down South Cars, and the Northeast Cars. :D

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back