Does anyone read this stuff? (1 Viewer)

smokemasterJ

Nitro Member
Couldn't the bike to fire, so she will not make the show.

Promod:

* = supercharged
* = turborcharged

WTF???

I'm sorry but a little proofreading might be in order

If they took the time to proof read then people would piss and moan about not getting the results up in a timely manner. Can't please all the people all the time.

Promod:

* = supercharged
* = turborcharged

WTF???

It does not matter I've seen errors left and right on the drag notes for years, they have so little time to type what they do and when you leave out grammer and pay attention to only the important point of what's typed that's all that matters. Not everything written needs to be english class perfect it's not intended for professional purposes or legal purposes and when it is everyone does know how to write professionally with the rules of grammer. There has been many attacks on a bloggers grammer on this site and the people that do the pointing out need more things to do with there time. I am leaving this gramically incorrect to prove the point that it does not matter, on drag notes or nitromater

It matters to me. Drag racing boards are filled with posters who are semi-literate. Sad. And, people who work in the media should have more pride than to post grammatically incorrect babble, even on a results page. Just my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

You WHINERS should contact Larry Sullivan and get on the FastFriends crew to post at races !! It's so easy.............. :):p

Promod:

* = supercharged
* = turborcharged

WTF???

Should have read:

* = Supercharged
n= nitrous
t= turbocharged

but then, I figured that out BEFORE I got down to the bottom were the notes were

d'kid

It matters to me. Drag racing boards are filled with posters who are semi-literate. Sad. And, people who work in the media should have more pride than to post grammatically incorrect babble, even on a results page. Just my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

Half of it is because this site is for entertainment purposes and holds no true weight in regards to the need to be perfect like you would love because it just does not matter as these posts are held to college essay standards. The result feeds and this site are for entertainment and there is no need to be perfect. Next thing you guys want is for people to have a dictionary handy for any incorrect spellings. I think you guys loved english class to much and this is a topic that should not even be on this site.

Following the rules of grammer is your choice on this site. Do you want to post an opinion on this site and hit reply or go back to read and check if it's 4-5 sentences long and consits of no fragments or run on sentences. If i got an opinion about something I can post it however the hell I want, in the time I want to, and as long as it's nothing offense I am gonna hit reply and that is that.

If your trying to judge I.Q. levels based on the posts of users on a entertainment site, it's wrong to do as people in many cases relax the rules on THEIR (yes i made that clear, I actually find your little thing as your looking to start a fight) hobby as opposed to how a user on this site would type a business letter or a legal document. Every one shapes up when their put in a situation where grammer holds weight, and this is not one of them so move on.

Last edited:

Truth is not only drag racers, but all folks who work for a living may seem "semi-literate" to the leeches, but then again, the written word never put a man on the moon. I like dealing with people who have the common sense to solve problems....

Matters to me, too. C'mon, folks; this is fourth-grade English we're talking about...

And any browser made in the last 10 years underlines misspellings and offers corrections. Really, how hard is this?

If you feel a need to correct grammer on a drag racine chat board,maybe you are on the wrong board.go to the grammer chat room.

I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. I work full time on the weekends, so going to the races is pretty much out for me right now. Drag Race Central is what keeps me up with what's going on over the weekend, and I'm very thankful for it. If they miss a word here or there or make a few spelling mistakes, so be it. Better than sitting around wondering what the hell is going on at the track.

This is the second board I've been on in a week that has had people complaining about this. Obviously they provide a wanted service to those that are viewing the site and complaining about it. I can see one way that will leave you with no complaints about spelling and grammar, but is that how you want it?

IMHO: Most people (who actually get stuff done) subscribe to the dictum, "Perfect is the enemy of the good".

Let the slackers sit on the sideline and piss and moan; it's what they do.

I still think they do a wonderful job. I was at the track and I was able to bring the results up withing 10 minutes of the final run of a class.
Thanks Larry.

IMHO: Most people (who actually get stuff done) subscribe to the dictum, "Perfect is the enemy of the good".

Let the slackers sit on the sideline and piss and moan; it's what they do.

YES YES YES .... my boss used to say that all the time.

They are drag racers and people involved with drag racing ... they are not professor emeritus of State University English Department. We can all glean what they mean just fine.

Besides, I spot spelling and grammatical errors ALL THE TIME at such sites as CNN.com, Wall Street Journal.com and the myriad of reputable emails telling me that size matters.

how about the misspelled emails i get from the nice nigerian bankers who want to deposit money in my account and I will get to keep some of it? such a kind heart.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back