does any one have any nhra pit photos then post them here im just looking for v gaines eddie hill kenny bernstein cruz pedregon and more thanks (1 Viewer)

Nhrafan

Nitro Member
zI4VJyB.jpg

That is a cool photo of the Greek & the dragster. Have seen it "somewhere". Maybe some of those guys were drivers?? I wonder if that was the 204 MPH car, the one that ran 204 in Alton Il in 1960. maybe on hydrazine.

V’s Tractor 2014

Attachments

• 5CE6AEF7-00EE-496B-9023-48EE1F8A3529.jpeg
    5CE6AEF7-00EE-496B-9023-48EE1F8A3529.jpeg
    794.1 KB · Views: 55
I had Greek and his crew identify these guys at Joliet Route 66 Raceway about 10 years ago.
#1 Bobby Vodnick
#2 Rod Stuckey
#3 Marylin (but nobody could remember her last name)
#4 Larry Lones
Unnumbered - Greek (of course)
#5 Jack McGilligate
#6 Richie Felts
# 7 (everybody drew a blank) (may have been a local)

x4ToAGu.jpg

Last edited:
This was the 204 car at Alton, perhaps after the infamous run since there are so many including locals surrounding the car....
#1 Larry Lones
#2 John Krandeburg
#3 Don Maynard
Kids head above #4 Ron Leek
#4 (everybody drew a blank)
#5 (everybody drew a blank)
#6 Richie Felts
#7 Jack McGilligate
#8 (probably a local kid)
#9 Don Madison

3hfLaEW.jpg

All of the vintage Greek photos came from the Storey family collection, owners of Alton Dragway. I met John Storey's stepson Mike about 25 years ago and he allowed me to scan a bunch of original 8x10s from a big old box and I saved them as JPEGs and gave him a set and the originals back. Since then, I have lost a lot of my scans due to not enough backup space and loosing a hard drive about 5 years ago. Lesson here, BUY A BIGAZZ EXTERNAL DRIVE!

Cruz signed a 1:64 die cast and then chatted up my then four year old grandson. Phoenix Firebird Pro Test & Tune Jan. 1994

Attachments

• 100_0846 (2).JPG
    100_0846 (2).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Del Worsham talking with my 2 grandsons. Pro Test session Tucson AZ. Southwest International Raceway Jan 2000.

Attachments

• 100_0850 (2).JPG
    100_0850 (2).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
All of the vintage Greek photos came from the Storey family collection, owners of Alton Dragway. I met John Storey's stepson Mike about 25 years ago and he allowed me to scan a bunch of original 8x10s from a big old box and I saved them as JPEGs and gave him a set and the originals back. Since then, I have lost a lot of my scans due to not enough backup space and loosing a hard drive about 5 years ago. Lesson here, BUY A BIGAZZ EXTERNAL DRIVE!
And get a cloud account! The rules for backup are, you have to save your files in 3 places, local computer (your daily driver), a NAS or burn to a CD, a DVD, USB drive AND the cloud. You never know when you might loose the other backups.

And get a cloud account! The rules for backup are, you have to save your files in 3 places, local computer (your daily driver), a NAS or burn to a CD, a DVD, USB drive AND the cloud. You never know when you might loose the other backups.
Agreed! A couple computer crashes later, and the only remaining image I have of me and Dick LaHaie is the one in my avatar.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back