Dennis Baca T/F for sale (1 Viewer)

I was at Indy in '77 to see him win. Dennis was a floorcovering dealer and after he won Armstrong flooring company did an article on him in their "Logic" newsletter. An interesting side note, Armstrong flooring was originally Armstrong Cork Company. They made cork gaskets back in the day. Linoleum was made out of cork and Linseed Oil. They had so many scrap piles of cork left that they got into the Linoleum business. That became a huge business for them.

Working for Dennis and Gary Walters (bean motors) is where I got my start. Dennis signed my paycheck for 8 years working in their machine shop here. I didn't even know this car still existed. Unfortunately he passed away about 5 years ago. Quite the guy. Went to Atterbury's shop and was blown away by his craftsmanship.

As I told Cliff last night in an email, I think I had a mini-stroke 2 weeks ago, and have a 1pm Dr appointment. Only got a 1/2 hour sleep last night, and have been contemplating calling 911 all night. Not sure what they are going to do. But this really sucks! Just scared for my sister.

Kind of ironic this would pop up. We also won the World Finals in 77 with that car, and the 78 fuel and gas championship at Bakersfield.

Hope to be back on here soon if everything works out.

Peace too all.👍

Last edited:
Working for Dennis and Gary Walters (bean motors) is where I got my start. Dennis signed my paycheck for 8 years working in their machine shop here. I didn't even know this car still existed. Unfortunately he passed away about 5 years ago. Quite the guy. Went to Attebury's shop and was blown away by his craftsmanship.

As I told Cliff last night in an email, I think I had a mini-stroke 2 weeks ago, and have a 1pm Dr appointment. Only got a 1/2 hour sleep last night, and have been contemplating calling 911 all night. Not sure what they are going to do. But this really sucks! Just scared for my sister.

Kind of ironic this would pop up. We also won the World Finals in 77 with that car, and the 78 fuel and gas championship at Bakersfield.

Peace too all.👍
Praying for you. I had an appointment yesterday for a scan of my arteries and still waiting for an answer. No fun at all.

Praying for you. I had an appointment yesterday for a scan of my arteries and still waiting for an answer. No fun at all.
I want to thank you guys for your prayers and messages. Looks like next week before I can get my scans and tests done. You gotta love insurance companies and Dr's who have all the time in the world, when you feel as if tomorrow won't be there. I have been dealing with this BS system for 30+ years now. I truly appreciate you all.

@Jeff Walters I take it you showed your Dad this. I'll stop by the shop when I get things squared away. I didn't have time to look at much before I had to haul mail.

911 should have been my decision 2 weeks ago. My Mom had 20 TIA's and 3 major strokes before we lost her 6 years ago.

Thanks again for your concern. Now let's get back to racing.

🤍

Ghio jr. moved.

Attachments

• E3EDD751-4A0C-4755-81B7-2EEF72FA4C32.jpeg
    E3EDD751-4A0C-4755-81B7-2EEF72FA4C32.jpeg
    672.5 KB · Views: 73
I didn't know that car existed either. I remember seeing that car run 5.70's back in the day. It was a strong car.

Jeff, what is it about the car that's not right? It looks to me like the Baca car, but that's my memories from years ago.

Last edited:
Working for Dennis and Gary Walters (bean motors) is where I got my start. Dennis signed my paycheck for 8 years working in their machine shop here. I didn't even know this car still existed. Unfortunately he passed away about 5 years ago. Quite the guy. Went to Atterbury's shop and was blown away by his craftsmanship.

Peace too all.👍
I iwsh you all the best with your health.
Didn't he have a son namd David that drove for a while?

I iwsh you all the best with your health.
Didn't he have a son namd David that drove for a while?
Thank you Jimi.
I really didn't want to say anything, but you deal with the cards that you are delt, and I got 2 jokers. I come here to try and make people smile, never trying to shut anyone down. Maybe just think is all. My Nephew tells me I'm not funny all the time. 🤷‍♂️ maybe he's right, f'm.

Yes, David is Dennis' son.
I lost contact with most of these guys after they moved. I never left. Not very bright either I guess..

;)

Sometimes in life there are things that you say, hear or do, that for whatever reason sticks in your mind.
In this thead, when I saw the name Baca, I remembered someone named Baca was in a bad wreck in a Top Fuel car and he was facing another problem (I don't recall what) and was asked the question, was he scared. His reply was one that stuck in head, "I was just upside down, on fire at 300 MPH", what have I got to be afraid of?
It was David Baca, that's why I asked if he had a son. If anyone has any more info about this, please let me know as it will bug me all day.

Neither one ever crashed a car Jimi. Don't let that brainworm destroy a beautiful day.

freakin bugs ... I remember someone saying something along those lines though.

This is from 2003. One thing I had heard is that David & his dad Dennis had kinda fallen away from one another. But they got back together before Dennis passed. I'm not sure how accurate that story is, but just passing it along. I had my problems with my dad. He was alcoholic & I had a hard time with that. After I came to the Lord, I really tried to get closer to my dad. He passed in 1981 at 65, and I was glad I was able to get closer to him.

This is from 2003. One thing I had heard is that David & his dad Dennis had kinda fallen away from one another. But they got back together before Dennis passed. I'm not sure how accurate that story is, but just passing it along. I had my problems with my dad. He was alcoholic & I had a hard time with that. After I came to the Lord, I really tried to get closer to my dad. He passed in 1981 at 65, and I was glad I was able to get closer to him.
It definitely ain't easy. Siblings aren't easy either.

That's what friends are for. Just watch the knives.

;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back