Demke Going to the Max for Gainesville Title Defense (1 Viewer)

Gainesville, FL - Winning is good. Winning the same race two years in a row is better. That’s the task that befalls Chris Demke and the Maddern Racing Team this weekend at the 43rd annual Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals presented by NapaFilters.com. The Peen Rite/801 Racing Team won this race in 2011, and are ready to defend their title.

“It’s an awesome track,” quoted Chris Demke. “The close proximity of the trees gives great oxygenation, and that means more horsepower. I’m looking for some great performance out of the car.”

Before the celebratory chicken dinner can be served, there is work to be done. Travel to the east coast is the first matter. Maddern Racing is based in Southern California. Getting the car and trailer to Florida is just the beginning. Jerry and Dixie Maddern arrived early in the week and began the setup.

“My mind is back in the right place,” said Demke. “I’m just going to drive the car and not think.”

The major thinking (tuning) will be handled by Jerry Maddern and Kevin Watson. They have their plan in place and a tune-up for every weather condition. The major wrenching will be performed by Mike Demke, Ron Mann and Joe Cole. Dixie Maddern is there to assure everything is just right.

“I can’t wait to race again,” said Dixie Maddern. “It’s always a surprise when we win. With everything that happened last year, I’m looking forward to making new memories this year.”

A family based team; Maddern Racing is geared up for the Gators. Even the engine is treated like one of their own. Nicknamed “Maximus” by the team, the Supercharged Top Alcohol engine is fed a steady diet of 801 Racing 70Wt Racing Oil with CleanBoost Technology. With “Maximus” behind him, Chris Demke’s Gatornationals title defense will not be forgotten.

About Peen Rite - Your source for quality shot peening, glass bead, and abrasive blasting services for over 45 years. We provide low cost solutions, high volume capacity, and a superior level of quality control. Equipped with many specialty machines designed to handle the cleaning and surface preparation for a wide variety of work pieces. PEEN-RITE gives you the ability to stay within your job cost estimation!

We believe true happiness comes from blazing down the blacktop with the pedal to the metal and our hair on fire. The whiter our knuckles get, the better. If it were up to us, cars wouldn't even have brakes, just two gas pedals. It's this never-ending need for speed that drives everything we do. We spend countless hours in the lab and lying awake at night plotting and planning how to get more speed by any means possible. After decades of research and innovation, we've developed a complete line of performance and car care products designed to ensure that your ride lives up to its potential on the street and on the track. We know what you want. We got what you need. We are 801 Racing. For more information on 801 racing, please visit: 801 RACING

Release courtesy of THR5 Communications

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back