Dave Connolly and Victor Cagnazzi ?? (1 Viewer)

DragFan2

Nitro Member
I must have missed something. Is Dave Connolly no longer with Victor Cagnazzi along with Erica Enders gone as well? Who, if anyone, is going to be driving for Victor? I'm trying to recall what Pro Stock teams agreed to merge. Was it KB Racing and someone? Can't hardly keep up with everything during Silly Season.

Victor consolidated with the Gray's and Dave will be a teammate of Shane. Erica moved on to Elite Motorsports.

I'm glad Vincent has a full ride for 2014. In a KB car he will be a contender.
and he wasn't a contender with his Mopar? The KB cars didn't light the world on fire last year so this might end up being a step backwards in performance, only time will tell.

and he wasn't a contender with his Mopar? The KB cars didn't light the world on fire last year so this might end up being a step backwards in performance, only time will tell.

2013 scorecard...

J&J racing engines....11 wins and 9 runner ups

KB racing engines...2 wins and 1 runner up

Vince had 3 of those wins...which is more then both KB cars together..

Looks like a smart move...LOL

One has to speculate that the Nobile's and the Mitsos' don't want to fund a car that is a development mule for Jeggie.

I wish Vincent well. There must be more to this story.

Absolutely, Johnny. Y'all can say what you want about the results of 2013, but Vincent RARELY had the best running of the three Mopar cars coming out of that camp, even in his wins. He's an absolute beast on the starting line, so that keeps him on the front page of the discussion regardless of any issues he may be having with horsepower.

I would say this is hardly a step back, but more of a lateral step.

Sean D

Absolutely, Johnny. Y'all can say what you want about the results of 2013, but Vincent RARELY had the best running of the three Mopar cars coming out of that camp, even in his wins. He's an absolute beast on the starting line, so that keeps him on the front page of the discussion regardless of any issues he may be having with horsepower.

I would say this is hardly a step back, but more of a lateral step.

Sean D

Vincent and team never tested.....after the race the car went in the trailer...until the next race...and that Avenger was a couple years old...probably could not take testing results for Allen or Jegs car and put them use on the the Old car...lol..

Vincent and team never tested.....after the race the car went in the trailer...until the next race...and that Avenger was a couple years old...probably could not take testing results for Allen or Jegs car and put them use on the the Old car...lol..

That's a fair statement, taking you at your word that it's true. But if that was truly the case, I don't see the reason to do something as major as switching camps altogether if all they need to do is more testing.

And as for your other comment, I actually tend to agree, unfortunately. I feel like it kinda makes you a little vulnerable to lease engines from anybody, actually. It's not like we haven't seen it before where a team leasing engines ended up not being happy with the situation.

It must really suck to be in a position to lease top-tier engines to run Pro Stock, but be short of being able to have an in-house engine program of your own....... LOL!!!

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back