Dallas post race discussion (1 Viewer)

Scoe

Nitro Member
Forgive me if I'm overstepping but just want to get a thread going to discuss some interesting things from Dallas.

Top Fuel:
* Brittany loses on another holeshot.
* Justin Ashley outruns Steve in the finals in a close one. Identical RT's and side by side all the way down.

Funny Car:
* Capps steps on Hagan's cape to keep him from running away with the title.

Pro Stock:
* Greg Anderson makes his history and passes WJ for the most wins in pro stock history with 98!
* Stanfield takes out Erica in round two. That helped GA even before the win.

PSM:
* Steve Johnson can't get his bike started in the semis. Big implications. Larry Dixon was helping out this weekend.
* Matt Smith puts it together and goes all the way. Leaves with the points lead.

Pro Mod:
* Rickie Smith and Stevie Fast both upset in round one. Points leader Jose Gonzalez goes out in round two in a very close race.
* Lyle Barnett wins his first Wally.
* Jeff Jones with a wild ride and with perhaps one of the best saves that you'll ever see.

Also, one of the most interesting things said on the broadcast was that there was some sort of confrontation last night between Elite Motorsports and Josh Hart's crew?

Forgive me if I'm overstepping but just want to get a thread going to discuss some interesting things from Dallas.

Top Fuel:
* Brittany loses on another holeshot.
* Justin Ashley outruns Steve in the finals in a close one. Identical RT's and side by side all the way down.

Funny Car:
* Capps steps on Hagan's cape to keep him from running away with the title.

Pro Stock:
* Greg Anderson makes his history and passes WJ for the most wins in pro stock history with 98!
* Stanfield takes out Erica in round two. That helped GA even before the win.

PSM:
* Steve Johnson can't get his bike started in the semis. Big implications. Larry Dixon was helping out this weekend.
* Matt Smith puts it together and goes all the way. Leaves with the points lead.

Pro Mod:
* Rickie Smith and Stevie Fast both upset in round one. Points leader Jose Gonzalez goes out in round two in a very close race.
* Lyle Barnett wins his first Wally.
* Jeff Jones with a wild ride and with perhaps one of the best saves that you'll ever see.

Also, one of the most interesting things said on the broadcast was that there was some sort of confrontation last night between Elite Motorsports and Josh Hart's crew?
I too was wondering about the elite, hart deal

Anyone think Aaron Brooks will still be with DK next race?

And the heartbreak for Stevie J. I want him to win it all so bad. He’s such a nice guy. I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with him in the stands years back at Pomona. He was getting up to grab a snack and asked my Dad and I if we wanted anything. We said sodas. Sure enough the guys comes back with sodas for us and wouldn’t let us pay him back. Go Steve!

I keep pulling for Brittany but it’s not going to happen. She had the worst RT of any semi or final driver again. I feel sorry for her at this point. The look on her face says she knows she can’t win with the fastest car. Oh yes, oddly enough she can still win it all with some improvement and luck but there are too many really good TF cars and drivers in her way .... it’s not just Steve.

Being a a pro stock fan i'm also wondering what kind of relationship between Elite and Hart, a top fueler, would lead to a skirmish. Did Richard sell him a crapy trailer?, did Erica pose for pictures in front of Harts Transporter :) ????

by the way congrats to Anderson for breaking the all time Pro Stock win record. Greg definitely withdrew from the Luck bank today but he's made a few deposits in the past also, in my opinion!

Great to see Greg win #98. I have been following him since he started and was at Bristol for #1 in 2001 and today in Dallas. Have gotten to know him over the years and am very happy for him. It was also nice that Jason Line was here this weekend so he got to see it in person, since he was an important part of Greg's career.

I got confirmation from a racer that Alan Johnson is moving over to Kalitta next season to give Doug one last chance at a championship. Not sure if the entire crew is moving or just Alan.

The clown was gone after Friday night and the announcing went back to Alan. Not sure if that was the original plan or if the reversion was due to negative feedback from Friday night.

So bummed about Brittany, but it's not getting any better. Although I've noticed that Leah and Erica are also struggling. Angelle as well. Alexis lost on a hole shot to John (although he rolls in deep). Salinas has improved he was 042, 038, and 011 two races ago.

Erica surprises me most. She was always able to rise to the occasion and lately it has been otherwise.

Not being critical as I know everyone has their moments. I couldn't do it. The struggles of the ladies are evident lately.

So bummed about Brittany, but it's not getting any better. Although I've noticed that Leah and Erica are also struggling. Angelle as well. Alexis lost on a hole shot to John (although he rolls in deep). Salinas has improved he was 042, 038, and 011 two races ago.

Erica surprises me most. She was always able to rise to the occasion and lately it has been otherwise.

Not being critical as I know everyone has their moments. I couldn't do it. The struggles of the ladies are evident lately.
Erica mentioned in the top end interview after she lost to Aaron Stanfield that 'this week had been one of the worst weeks of her life both on and off the track'

What sucks is JR had the car to beat. Bummer that mistake likely ended his season. I can’t imagine the pressure he is under. I feel for him

More hoping Brit stays with us next year. Not that concerned about her rt’s maybe they will come around, maybe it’s the car who knows, look @ how fast Mike turned it around.
Not that happy with Brian and Tony talking about the Josh/Elite incident and not giving details, it’s their job, they are reporters

I keep pulling for Brittany but it’s not going to happen. She had the worst RT of any semi or final driver again. I feel sorry for her at this point. The look on her face says she knows she can’t win with the fastest car. Oh yes, oddly enough she can still win it all with some improvement and luck but there are too many really good TF cars and drivers in her way .... it’s not just Steve.
To be fair, I'd like to see her and Steve Torrence (or Justin Ashley) trade cars for a couple of test sessions and see what happens. Trying to be fair here - a poor RT isn't always 100 percent the driver.

But assuming she simply has a slow trigger, Brittany does have one huge advantage - her name. Were she a hired gun she would have long since been gone - or Grubnic would have.

Great to see Greg win #98. I have been following him since he started and was at Bristol for #1 in 2001 and today in Dallas. Have gotten to know him over the years and am very happy for him. It was also nice that Jason Line was here this weekend so he got to see it in person, since he was an important part of Greg's career.

I got confirmation from a racer that Alan Johnson is moving over to Kalitta next season to give Doug one last chance at a championship. Not sure if the entire crew is moving or just Alan.

The clown was gone after Friday night and the announcing went back to Alan. Not sure if that was the original plan or if the reversion was due to negative feedback from Friday night.
Who confirmed Alan Johnson's move? Wouldn't believe it was until announced by Kalitta, Alan or Salinas and the chance of that happening until after Pomona is slim.

Good to see Prudhomme at the races again.

Didn't seem to be any problems with the timing system from a spectators view.

Great to see Greg win #98.
It was great to see him get #98.

I've told this before, but it bears repeating. I was never a big Greg fan. For no reason other than I didn't care for the way he came off in interviews. So, one year my buddy and I are walking through Autorama in Detroit, and walking towards us is Greg. When he gets close, I go "Greg Anderson"? He promptly stops dead in his tracks and proceeds to talk to us for what seemed like 10 or 15 minutes. Made me realize, until you meet these people in person, you shouldn't judge how they will be in a regular public situation, or how they are in real life. He was absolutely the nicest dude, and very genuine.

Congrats to GA on #98. Hope he gets many more!

Austin Prock would solve that riddle in 2 hits. 🎄 🪓🪓 = 🚀🚀 🏆
So John’s plan should be to chase the funding for a second TF car, Prock drives it and Grubby tunes it. Easier said than done but it prob would give JFR a real shot at the championship and also have a very good second car to help eliminate some of the other top contenders/spoilers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back