Dallas 2021 (1 Viewer)

I agree 100% on the atta boy to Mr. Meyer! This is way cool and what needs to happen to get more cars at national events!

I wish we could of had more than a month notice on the extra money to plan ahead. If we would of you would of seen me make the trip!

Just saw that Billy Meyer is putting up some additional $$$ to get full fields. Extra money for non qualifiers and 4 qualifying runs, $15K for low ET friday night and return to 2019 purses for pro. He deserves a big attaboy.
I thought that was what Camping World was going to do - sponsor unsponsored cars to increase car counts.

But it seems like NHRA is, again, an afterthought. There was big hoopla about Lemonis coming to a race to see it "in person"...and then that kind of fizzled out.

I thought that was what Camping World was going to do - sponsor unsponsored cars to increase car counts.

But it seems like NHRA is, again, an afterthought. There was big hoopla about Lemonis coming to a race to see it "in person"...and then that kind of fizzled out.
Shouldnt nhra be doing this instead of meyer? Oh wait,prob come out of the corp pockets,cant have that... never heard of lemonis at the races,qonder if CW will even be around nhra next year??

Jeremy, this is a track promoter being a promoter, kudos to the youngest winner of the Manufacturers Funny Car Championships.

TopFuel@Lions
Im glad he is doing it! Has nhra brought back the original purses now? I havent heard...

It's been decades...but if I remember correctly, NHRA, AHRA and IHRA all used to have slightly different contracts for their various "National Event" tracks. For some track owners, adding more advertising was a smart thing even if the gate was split 50-50. That track's contract with NHRA might give it all the additional concession sales from a larger crowd. That alone could be very profitable return on the investment in more local advertising.

In this case Billy Meyer is most likely adding to the purse and qualifying $$ to improve his chances of giving his fans a full show. I did it with the AHRA Gateway Nationals in St. Louis. Jerry Haas once told me (a long, long, long time ago.) that I was the first person to ever pay him appearance money. I didn't want another year of only 7 or 8 cars showing up for the 8 car field Pro Stock Class as I had enough fans complain about it the previous year. (and it was probably $100. Jerry lived in the St. Louis area.)

It has to hurt a track owner's future in his marketing area to advertise an NHRA National Event and only have 13 T/F and maybe 14 F/C's show up. The paying crowd remembers. I would be curious to know if BIlly Meyer receives any compensation for the TV viewing audience or if he possibly gets a bigger cut of ticket sales and NHRA keeps all TV revenue. That's the sort of thing that might make him want to increase or improve the show.

It's been decades...but if I remember correctly, NHRA, AHRA and IHRA all used to have slightly different contracts for their various "National Event" tracks. For some track owners, adding more advertising was a smart thing even if the gate was split 50-50. That track's contract with NHRA might give it all the additional concession sales from a larger crowd. That alone could be very profitable return on the investment in more local advertising.

In this case Billy Meyer is most likely adding to the purse and qualifying $$ to improve his chances of giving his fans a full show. I did it with the AHRA Gateway Nationals in St. Louis. Jerry Haas once told me (a long, long, long time ago.) that I was the first person to ever pay him appearance money. I didn't want another year of only 7 or 8 cars showing up for the 8 car field Pro Stock Class as I had enough fans complain about it the previous year. (and it was probably $100. Jerry lived in the St. Louis area.)

It has to hurt a track owner's future in his marketing area to advertise an NHRA National Event and only have 13 T/F and maybe 14 F/C's show up. The paying crowd remembers. I would be curious to know if BIlly Meyer receives any compensation for the TV viewing audience or if he possibly gets a bigger cut of ticket sales and NHRA keeps all TV revenue. That's the sort of thing that might make him want to increase or improve the show.
A while back remember Steve Torrence had a get together with the Governor of Texas about some motorsports bill. I’m thinking the extra money for this came from that idea and promotion.

check out the week-long schedule next week. hats off to billy meyer and all involved who helped put this all together.

Billy Meyer ups the ante.

The ProMod shootout ought to be a real hoot - NHRA legal cars vs Pro Extreme stuff....$25K to the winner....$30K+ in Friday night low qualifier bonuses....full day of Pro testing....let's hope this is a rousing success and that it spreads to other tracks.

I think Billy hit this one out of the park! Lining something up this big before the Nationals is pure genius. I hope other tracks take note to this one! Not the Baders because they have been on top of their own thing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back