Dale Creasy (1 Viewer)

That was a great story. You really have to admire Dale for his keep going attitude. He is one driver I will also be rooting for :D

I remember the first Vegas race when Dale Creasy was running the Mad Magazine car and he burned that beautiful car to the ground. We went back to the pits after qualifying to survey the damage and he was even smiling then! 30 minutes before that he was in an inferno and the car was almost a complete loss, and Dale was grinning ear to ear. Dale is definitely a different breed of cat, and I mean that in a good way.

That is a great article. Gave me a better appreciation for what "Peanut" is up to and the level of his dedication to our "habit." Sounds like that team clicks.

Creasy

We fielded an email why we used the lead pic of him blowing the car to smithereens and the next photo is of him smiling. Knowing Dale after that run he got back to the pits and said, "Wheeeew, that was hot." Then he got busy getting ready to race again.

He's a class act. To meet him is to cheer for him. Jannard, I'm sure, can vouch for that.

Peanut and the gang are great people. Always up-beat and happy. I really miss the family being together in their racing. That part haunts me.
I love watching them run on a shoestring budget and do well. But just hanging around with them every time they come west is great. Peanut is a coinsurer of fine hot sauce. But it has got to be hot. And even though he makes me fix his car every time he comes west, I still love hanging out with him. I am so stoked to see him running well and having a few dollars in the operation.

The Creasy Family Tyrant was always one of my favorites. Congratulations to Dale and continued success. Thank you for the link.

I was really happy to see Peanut win in Edmonton. I remember when they came up here to match race in the 90's. They let me sit in the car, help change the oil, and just hang around them. It was my first time seeing a live nitro funny car and I've been in love ever since. (With funny cars that is - not Peanut).

Peanut is a great dood...I remember a few years ago in Denver who he blew it up on the top end...walked bacl to his pits to see the body just cooked and her was there with that smile happy as can be getting the back up body ready.

I wish nothing but the best for him...would love to see him back over on the NHRA side

I first met Peanut at the Memphis race where everything that could go wrong did.... I started talking to him because I had taken some pictures of the Mad car that he ended up grilling. He thanked me for the pictures, took a look at one and noticed the winlight was on in his lane and starting laughing.

Then he told me that a certain guy by the name of Jim Jannard was the main reason he was still out there with a car after burning up the previous one. I guess it burned everything up on the car. Apparently (according to Peanut), Jim handed them a large check and told them go buy what they needed. It's been a while since I've heard the story, so if I have it wrong, or an bringing up something the shouldn't be brought up, I apologize.

The other Peanutism that stood out in my mind, is he and I both smoked those Swisher Sweets Little Cigars. He was sitting on the tailgate of his truck smoking one when a fan walked by and told him those things could kill him. Peanut looked at the cigar, then the funny car, and told the guy "look what I'm about to go do!".

The other Peanutism that stood out in my mind, is he and I both smoked those Swisher Sweets Little Cigars. He was sitting on the tailgate of his truck smoking one when a fan walked by and told him those things could kill him. Peanut looked at the cigar, then the funny car, and told the guy "look what I'm about to go do!".

LOL!! I love it!!!:)

I am not certain about the intricate details of the meeting of two great guys- Jim J and Peanut. But I know peanut ran a rather large "O" on the back window of that car for many moons for a reason. He also told me that Jim was one of the reasons he could keep on racing.

Dale Sr. and Peanut are the epitome of the "Grass Roots" racers that have earned their place in the spotlight. I consider them both friends and would give my eye teeth (figuratively speaking) to see Sr. back in Peanut's pits again if even for a supporting role rather than crew-chiefing. There is something special about their rig pulling up to our home even if it means the boys are going to be busy for a day or two. That's how we met and it seems right to expect the opportunity to help out in the future.
Go get them Dale(s).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back