Cruzer/Delago (1 Viewer)

Hopefully a TF team swoops in and picks up Brooks. He has proven he can make a dragster haul a$$.

was on top of BIR tower for '15 TF final and watched richie crampton come alive with an aaron tuned 4.69 to beat brittany in final. weren't too many .60's back then.
maybe only shawn and ant, at that race i think and only on sunday. two for ant, one each for shawn and richie.......hope cruzer can turn things around.

Brooks needed to be gone last year, maybe he can get a job as blower installer after all he blew up! Go Tommy!

Brooks needed to be gone last year, maybe he can get a job as blower installer after all he blew up! Go Tommy!

Cruz has said it repeatedly that the tuning decisions are a group effort between him and Aaron (and I'll take a wild guess on whose thoughts get the most weight), so putting all the blame on Aaron is just absolutely wrong. We'll see how Tommy does, but I don't think you'll see a big improvement. I don't see this lasting too long either, as I don't think Tommy will put up with Cruz's bullshit!

Best of luck Aaron, you'll find something better elsewhere and be successful!

Cruz has said it repeatedly that the tuning decisions are a group effort between him and Aaron (and I'll take a wild guess on whose thoughts get the most weight), so putting all the blame on Aaron is just absolutely wrong. We'll see how Tommy does, but I don't think you'll see a big improvement. I don't see this lasting too long either, as I don't think Tommy will put up with Cruz's bullshit!

Best of luck Aaron, you'll find something better elsewhere and be successful!
Opinions are like AssHoles everyone has one..

IMO snap-on is one of the few remaining long time nhra sponsors that chooses to back a solo effort. they could easily pull their money over to one of the three
large teams, yet they choose not to. whether you like cruz or not, you have applaud snap-on. i think they get their money's worth with cruz's program even if he isn't
in the winner's circle often.......delgado (as typed in the thread....and that is funny by the way) is a really good pickup by cruz.

I think Aaron is one of the smartest tuners out there, but I don't think his tuning style translates to F/C's. Nothing to be ashamed of, neither did Alan Johnson's. I'd like to see Aaron have a chance with a good T/F team, I'll bet he'd put up some numbers.

I was surprised it took Tommy D this long to latch on with another team.

While it sucks to get fired, Aaron has been around the block a time or two, he knows the deal. He will latch on with another team and be just fine.

One thing that I will admit that is kinda funny to me about this whole deal, is that just last week Cruzer was the "walk a 1,000 feet" guest with Amanda Busick on the TV broadcast, and he went straight to explaining how his reputation that he is hard to get along with and fires a lot of people was all wrong. 1 week later he fires his crew chief LOL. That is just funny timing.

I think Aaron is one of the smartest tuners out there, but I don't think his tuning style translates to F/C's. Nothing to be ashamed of, neither did Alan Johnson's. I'd like to see Aaron have a chance with a good T/F team, I'll bet he'd put up some numbers.
Funny about the AJ FC comment...Brooks was the crew chief on the FC

Funny about the AJ FC comment...Brooks was the crew chief on the FC
Yes he was, but before that, Alan ran the first Toyota F/C I'm aware of with Gary Scelzi and later Bruce Sarver. It was never successful, just like the Al-Anabi car that Del drove and Aaron tuned.

Good decision and probably overdue based on the rate of success of this team.. I am probably one of the few here who likes what Cruz brings to the sport attitude, opinionated and say what you will but he is sure is determined and anything but vanilla.. Snap On obviously likes him and I am sure he takes care of all of his sponsors off track commitments in a very professional manner which is a big part of any sponsorship.. I am sure Brooks will land softly somewhere he is too talented not to. CC changes this deep into the season seldom yield instant results and I will be curious to see how Tommy D does in the time remaining in 2018

Yes he was, but before that, Alan ran the first Toyota F/C I'm aware of with Gary Scelzi and later Bruce Sarver. It was never successful, just like the Al-Anabi car that Del drove and Aaron tuned.
Yeah, Im sure you could do better! LOL Another armchair CC!

Good decision and probably overdue based on the rate of success of this team.. I am probably one of the few here who likes what Cruz brings to the sport attitude, opinionated and say what you will but he is sure is determined and anything but vanilla.. Snap On obviously likes him and I am sure he takes care of all of his sponsors off track commitments in a very professional manner which is a big part of any sponsorship.. I am sure Brooks will land softly somewhere he is too talented not to. CC changes this deep into the season seldom yield instant results and I will be curious to see how Tommy D does in the time remaining in 2018
I like him too. My opinion of the various personalities in the sport is usually based on how they have treated me in person and Cruz has always been personable.

Long-time fan of Cruz and I hope this will be a good move for him. Delago's no dummy, I'm sure his knowledge will help.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back