Cruz blows up body (1 Viewer)

And Tasca blew one up yesterday. I wish I was selling these guys bodies this year!

Cruz did not sound happy-it sounded like he wants to see NHRA put restrictions on blowers rather some steps to reduce power.

Cruz did not sound happy-it sounded like he wants to see NHRA put restrictions on blowers rather some steps to reduce power.

WTF...?? It's HIS blower.. why would he need NHRA's restriction / blessing to make it not blow up ???? If he can't run it without blowing up, maybe he should work for Reiff too... Apparently Drag racing is the net sum of selling sponsorships nowdays, and tuning and driving is the collective responsibility of the sanctioning body - or tv contract holder to get your sponsor's name covered like you promised them to get your predetermined "cut" of the pie... Sheesh..

That was crazy. I've never seen a FC body explode into so many pieces. Looked like confetti.

Well, NHRA could make a new rule. 8:71 blowers only. That would take care of track prep, too much power, too fast speeds, all that. No, wait a minute. They would blow up an 8:71 just as easily. OK, forget that. Just go to 50%.... ;)

Make it a claimer series. Novelli could claim Schumacher's blower, etc. That would equal the playing field.

That was crazy. I've never seen a FC body explode into so many pieces. Looked like confetti.

I wonder how much the body wraps play into that.

Random but just the other day I was wondering what happened to the bodies Kalitta (I believe) was testing with the burst panels on the side. Not that they would save a body, but maybe save the track from looking like a ticker tape parade.

I wonder how much the body wraps play into that.

Random but just the other day I was wondering what happened to the bodies Kalitta (I believe) was testing with the burst panels on the side. Not that they would save a body, but maybe save the track from looking like a ticker tape parade.

It was Tim Wilkerson that was trying the side vents.
wilk.PNG

Well, NHRA could make a new rule. 8:71 blowers only. That would take care of track prep, too much power, too fast speeds, all that. No, wait a minute. They would blow up an 8:71 just as easily. OK, forget that. Just go to 50%.... ;)
And 1 mag, and change the rear end, lower the percentage,no data recorders, smaller rear tires, smaller rear wing,again smaller blower, only 6 cylinders, no rear wing, no clutch management system, hey Alan, did I get them all? If not forgive me.

Alan Johnson already made some V6 top fuel blocks for Al Anabi to use in nitrous or turbo racing......3500hp V6
And if that’s the horsepower the pro mods have then go for it. That’s still a good show. They can get get down the new track preparation. But then WHY??

And 1 mag, and change the rear end, lower the percentage,no data recorders, smaller rear tires, smaller rear wing,again smaller blower, only 6 cylinders, no rear wing, no clutch management system, hey Alan, did I get them all? If not forgive me.
...all good ideas, butnit would cost a ridiculous amount of money to develop that combo and purchase the necessary equipment. It’s cost prohibitive

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back