Cory mac will start second in chicago (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]JOLIET, Ill. (June 5, 2010) - Cory McClenathan, racing the FRAM Top Fuel dragster, will start from second place in Sunday's eliminations at the 13th annual Route 66 NHRA Nationals.

With only three rounds of qualifying held because of a rain delay on Friday, McClenathan came out of the box to grab No. 2 in Friday's single session (3.827/320.81), then held it through two more rounds, recording his quickest pass of 3.822/320.05 in his final try, the quickest pass of that session. Today's second pass produced a tire-smoking 5.236/129.44.

“You know what, to have only three runs this weekend, I think we’re lucky," said McClenathan, second in season points to No. 1 qualifier Larry Dixon (3.814/317.42). "I think we dodged a bullet today. It was supposed to rain all day and all night tonight, so it was nice to go out and make two runs, obviously, for the fans and for us information-wise.

"You come in every weekend thinking you’re going to have four qualifying runs, but when the weather starts looking bad you feel fortunate to have gotten three.

"Two of the runs we made really good passes. We came almost within striking distance of No. 1 qualifier and then one of the runs we smoked the tires, but it was kind of self-induced. We were a little bit greedy earlier today so we kind of knew that might happen.

"I’m really impressed with this FRAM group. We’ve made a lot of changes to the race car last week, since the last race, and this thing keeps on thundering A to B, so I’m really proud of the FRAM boys. They’ve done a great job again. It would be really nice to do well here. This is (team owner) Don Schumacher's hometown, so it’s pretty important that we go out and do well. We’ll try to make him proud tomorrow.”

McClenathan faces Morgan Lucas in opening round of Sunday's eliminations.

Attachments

• mcclenathan.jpg
    mcclenathan.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 5
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back