Cool early 1990's Pro Mod photos (1 Viewer)

Cool ! But you forgot the Animal.....

mt_motor.jpg

Wish they would have different bodys in Pro Mod. 1954 Hudson, Any type of Studebaker. 1950 Ford. Trucks. '49 Olds fastback. Wait, I'm startin' to drool....

Wish they would have different bodys in Pro Mod. 1954 Hudson, Any type of Studebaker. 1950 Ford. Trucks. '49 Olds fastback. Wait, I'm startin' to drool....
Agreed, that's why I was excited to read about Whiteley's '57. The problem with any kind of racing is, over time, things gravitate to the most efficient design, body styles included. For as far as the PM cars have come, and for how fast they are, I believe they still offer a tremendous amount of diversity between the cars, really more than any other heads category.

I saw all these guys at E-Town for their 1st Nitrous Nationals.... Manny's Nova was spectacular, Animal Jim, Al Billes, Oddy and Hahn....I have a photo album somewhere of it,
along with a perfectly new T-shirt of the event ( tip- check to make sure the "large" shirt you buy is not a "child's large", otherwise your shirt will be pristine 30 years later too 😉 )

Thanks for posting the old photos. Pro Mod was a few years in when I really got in to drag racing. Remember going to Super Chevy shows and seeing Jeff Brozovich, Bill Kuhlman, Karl Moyer, Tim McAmis, etc. The era of “The World’s fastest (insert car name or model) t-shirt.

Would be great to see the old body styles make it back but even as is, Pro Mod is still a really good class.

Mega Ford, 1957 Ford w/ big block Ford engine. Body was actually steel, w/ glass doors, hood, fenders, etc. Body had been narrowed. Think it ran mid 7's on nitrous. I actually got to see that car at then Firebird in a 2 out of 3 match race. Was impressed that a door car could run that quick.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back