Cool colours for Candies (1 Viewer)

That is a hell of a rig for 2 super stockers!!! Do they have other plans that I missed?
They actually have 4 Super Stockers, his brother Brett races too. And no other plans, just a family racing team. Definitely a badass looking rig.

007.JPG

010.JPG

b601f136.jpg

Nice to see the Candies name back on the strip as my avatar is us racing the 65 Candies & Hughes A/FX Plymouth we match bash with.

Saw the team and their toys at Indy. Very nice setup.

The paint schemes are a throwback to their old Barracuda Funny Cars......

I know that Lance. It's why I like them so much.

Gotta love them old "weed burner" pipes! With the amount of force coming out of today's engines, they'd never work. The cars would be carrying the wheels all the way to the finish line.

Saaaaaaay........

Last edited:
Candies blue F/C and the prior blue T/F cars were painted by Cerny's Custom Paint in Compton, CA. It was always a pleasure to talk to Paul when he was at the paint shop getting one of his cars painted.
Paul Candies is a very class person.
It's great to see the old colors come back.
Look on the web for Otto Candies Inc. That is the family business in Holma, LA. A 'VERY' big tug boat, tow boat company.
No problem with funds and it's great to see the family back in racing.

Otto Candies Inc is located in Des Allemands, LA....just a few miles down Highway 90 from Houma. At one time, Candies and Hughes shop was in Houma, not far from Southland Dragway. Leonard lived in Houma.

MaC

Kind of quiet around here this week, so I figured I'd throw a few more pictures up here. The Challenger won the "Best Appearing Car" award in Atlanta. Great looking operation.

0e8aacb1.jpg

b96be8a1.jpg

3886e034.jpg

0a12144c.jpg

Loved the shot of the Barracuda Funny, I don't know what gave up it's age first, The weed sweeper pipes or the ad on the lower body for the " Engine masters Torque Flyte" trans. It's been a long, long time since anybody ran a Torqueflyte in a nitro F/C!
Candies and Hughes always ran a first class operation, beautiful and fast cars with all the best equipment and help Candies money could buy:)
Leonard was also one of the best in knowing how to get a racecar down the track quickly.
Some of the best drivers in the sport sat behind the butterfly in the C&H cars.
I am glad to have the Candies Family out on the track in any class they chose to run.:D

I agree Paul, but I wouldn't be upset if they traded in that fleet of door cars for a new fuel car...In all seriousness, it's great to see them back involved.

I agree Paul, but I wouldn't be upset if they traded in that fleet of door cars for a new fuel car...In all seriousness, it's great to see them back involved.

My guess would be they are having tons more fun playing with stockers and super stockers. It is good to see the Candies name back involved with drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back