Connolly To Drive For Gray in 2019 (1 Viewer)

Excellent!
While I've never warmed up to Tanner, he's good for the class.
Always thought Dave was a great competitor....with great equipment, he could make things very interesting.

perhaps a re ignition of the erica /dave beef, although for what its worth erica doesn't seem to hold grudges, as she seems very cordial with the drivers she once had issues with, which is a very admirable trait, i think

Thats what I had read but ca not find it again, they said it was sold but were not revealing who it was sold to yet.

I was kinda wondering myself if that deal that was reported fell through, or if it did sell and they're going to put together new stuff for Dave.

Sean D

From the DRO story:
A note was in the old mayo jar on the Phlegm Building penthouse porch telling the Agent that driver and tuner Dave Connolly would be driving the seat vacated by Tanner Gray.

Evidently the Gray family’s Pro Stock engine development business currently leases engines to a couple of teams and the Gray family didn’t want to put those teams in a bind so they reportedly will keep the shop open and continue to field a Pro Stocker with Connolly behind the wheel. Kudos to the Gray family if this rumor is true

Found it... I will wait for the announcement to see if it is true.

I have a secret source inside the Gray organization, he spoke to me on the condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on the matter. He said it's not true.

Then I asked Dave Connoly directly and he said it is Bull--- Then he said it is 100% Not True

Alan

Last edited:
Believe every allegation

rumors.png

I have a secret source inside the Gray organization, he spoke to me on the condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on the matter. He said it's not true.

Then I asked Dave Connoly directly and he said it is Bull--- Then he said it is 100% Not True

Alan
Which is bull, that he's driving or that the operation was sold?

Which is bull, that he's driving or that the operation was sold?

Pete,
I told him there was a story on line that he was going to drive the car next year and that's the answer I got. I didn't asked about the stuff being sold. I know of some discussion, but it's not my news to share.

Alan

Pete,
I told him there was a story on line that he was going to drive the car next year and that's the answer I got. I didn't asked about the stuff being sold. I know of some discussion, but it's not my news to share.

Alan
Gotcha. Thanks for checking into it

Without attributing this to anyone, I will say that it was noticeable at Ennis this weekend that the Elite and Gray owners exchanged pleasantries ... something that has not been done in recent history. Almost as if they'd been talking about another transaction and perhaps had found some common ground. Elite seems to be trying its best to hold this class together ... and aside from "our class" this is the class I track the closest and I hope it stays out there. On a recent WFO Radio interview (if you don't listen every week you damn well should), Tanner essentially talked about the operation being sold.

If he's not driving for them, who would spend the large (I'm sure) sum of cash to buy their entire progam for a fading class of racing?

In an auction you just have to bid $1 more than the guy with the second highest spending budget (please no comments on my auction abilities).

There are parts and pieces that are unique to that class, but by no means does that represent the majority of the operation .... if you look at Elite's business model, this is EXACTLY what they do for a living. If you ever drive by their shop it looks like stacking for a damn nice race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back