Congrats to the Champ! One of the greatest comebacks in sports (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Congrats to Force for being the oldest driver to win after a horrific crash and then a winless season the year prior. Force deserves the glory and made this season a good one for NHRA after a rocky start for the series.

Also nice sportsmanship on the part of Andrew Hines in Pro Stock bike when his competitor won he's a very impressive kid!

Agreed! A lot of people with sour grapes right now but John came back through adversity that most people would have never fought back from and accomplish what he just did.

Congrats, Champ!!!

Did I hear Tony P giving John some crap as he walked by? Something to the effect of "Show some excitement Force.." While he had his back turned to John

Whatever it was, it was enough to make John pause..

The funny thing is that I did not hear it watching the live feed on espn360.com. There was something, but not as clear as it was during the TV show. Is it possible that the audio was "enhanced" on the replay.

Hmmmm....

By now I'm convinced Harvey the Rabbit would have a few Championships driving the Castrol cars over the years!:rolleyes:

I'm not sure why there would be any sour grapes. He lead most of the season and if they didn't re-set the points he still would have won the championship.

Congratulations to John and the whole Force team. I'm a little dissapointed in Matt Hagan's not being up at the line to see the outcome. I guess I just expected a little sportsmanship from him after fighting such a battle with Force. John had shown nothing but the utmost respect for Matt during the countdown.

Congratulations to John and the whole Force team. I'm a little dissapointed in Matt Hagan's not being up at the line to see the outcome. I guess I just expected a little sportsmanship from him after fighting such a battle with Force. John had shown nothing but the utmost respect for Matt during the countdown.

sportsmanship????? how about tascas car in vegas pedaling it for no reason, I have stood behind these cars for 13 years, watch the slo motion, there was no reason to pedal it against Force...also why did Tasca not go in right away in Pomona??? what was his gain to hold out Matt??? it's cause he is a sell out to the Force way, cause of being a Ford...I know people will think differently, but it's just my opinion. I call it how I see it from standing behind these cars for over 13 years, how do you call it????

OK, Force won the championship. Now we get another year of the Force team being "forced" down our throats in every FC segment. To h*** with all the other FC drivers, we just have to have Force shoved in our face no matter what. Another driver can win a round but Force gets interviewed. I have never been a fan of Force's interviews. I have never found them amusing or funny just irritating.

You mean like Andrew was? Andrew Hines earned my respect this weekend for his reaction to LE winning. That was very classy.

I like Hagan, and would have been happy with the outcome either way. I do believe John was sincere that he would have gone right over and congratulated Matt had he won..

force handled the pre-win questioning well, showing respect to the diehard
team and matt in particular - matt is younger, not as weathered as force,
he will get over it today or tomorrow and will still have force's respect as i'm
sure he will show to john away from the cameras.

a great weekend for the nhra.........
- int'l. owner winning championship with so-cal 2nd gen. driver
- greg anderson persevering to win 5th after being in shadows most of season
- le winning ROY/championship.....agreed, andrew showing how to lose.
- force with 15th.

force highlites on 'morning express with robin meade' (HNN), last nite on
sportscenter.

thought his interviews last nite were great, thought his 'pomona leap' and
jog past fans high-5ing' were even greater.

i've grown up seeing 'tasca' decals on john's cars over the years; why should
it surprise me to see bob t.3 doing what he can to help the ford cause?
bob t.3 gets it., he is a salesman just like john

Last edited:
sportsmanship????? how about tascas car in vegas pedaling it for no reason, I have stood behind these cars for 13 years, watch the slo motion, there was no reason to pedal it against Force...also why did Tasca not go in right away in Pomona??? what was his gain to hold out Matt??? it's cause he is a sell out to the Force way, cause of being a Ford...I know people will think differently, but it's just my opinion. I call it how I see it from standing behind these cars for over 13 years, how do you call it????

Like it or not it has turned into a team sport. What Tasca does or doesn't do in his car on a run is his choice however. I my not have been standing behind these cars for 13 years, but I have been in the stands or sometimes behind a few of these cars since the early seventies.If Tasca was seriously in contention for the title..things would have probably been different. I do enjoy seeing the independant guys win..I really enjoyed seeing Bob Bode win at Brainerd this year, did the volunteer crewmember thing for Jack Wyatt a few years ago..and generally root for the little guys in general. But I also have followed John Force's career since he was a leaker back in the early days and still admire him for what he has done for the sport. His comeback has been nothing short of incredible.

The only thing Matt Hagan had to do to make it the Hagan Show was win! We at DSR...errr....:)...they....didn't get it done. Congrats to the entire John Force Racing organ-I-zation (Canadian).

JFR's past 2 Countdown stats combined have been unreal!

DSR Funny Car Warriors shall regroup and again try to climb the mountain!

was searching youtube for weekend vids and came across '95 FC final,
force vs. cruz...........john's numbers
same lane, track, result, and race, 15 years apart.

'95 finals @ 1320 ft........5.03 @ 303.95mph
'10 finals @ 1000 ft........4.08 @ 310.41mph

was searching youtube for weekend vids and came across '95 FC final,
force vs. cruz...........john's numbers
same lane, track, result, and race, 15 years apart.

'95 finals @ 1320 ft........5.03 @ 303.95mph
'10 finals @ 1000 ft........4.08 @ 310.41mph

You got one on Lewis Bloom!

I dont get it with some of you, with no dis-respect to anyone else, but right now John Force is the best story NHRA has. With the press he gets, we should be all thankful for the exposure he brings to our sport. A lot of auto racing fans would not follow our sport with-out John's exposure. I know my wife watches with me because of John Force.
Way to GO! 15 Time Champion! I'm proud of you and your team!

Cheese for you too?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back