Congrats To Firebird and Phoenix ! (1 Viewer)

Wow! Sounds like Charlie has outdone himself this time--kinda like the Coors 32 Funny Car event he held for over a decade before.

Oh yeah, that's right. He cancelled that door buster for monster trucks and Robosaurous. Welcome to Charlie's circus!

Man I miss the 32 F/C deal.
I used to help Brent Fanning and Jack Wyatt in the early 90's and Fanning won that event in 93 and Charlie paid cash, $2500.00 a run if ya ran in the
5's and $2000.00 in the 6 second range..
Went there in 97 and Charlie mentioned things were changing..JFR was commanding $30,000 for his two-car team and the Worshams were asking for a pretty penny as well, and most independents from that area could not get down the track 3 times in a day under wide open throttle..The show was coming to an end and I was so bummed...

CIFCA used to get involved as well and they usually put on a better show than the other F/C's...IMO

Really gonna be nice to have 5 NFC Races in the Backyard. We are hoping to get Maroney's Car to Run Well this year.

Well Doc I know you hope you are wrong but I might add that a group is also trying to form in Texas where I know a lot of old cars still reside in backyards and garages.
They have an ad in Racing Junk!

The costs of pro racing continue to rise and all forms of motorsports are feeling it.

Some one please take my credit cards and 401 K pin # away from me !!!!!

Is that ever a cry from an Addict or what !

You only live once , right Doc !

Ron at least I ain't looking for plastic !
Well the old War Horse went for $ 22,500!
No I swear I ain't looking!
Some old sixties gassers for sale a couple needing safety updates not too pricy.
No I really ain't looking !
Don't have space in the shop anyway.
Enclosed trailer new tires and gen. $3500.
Someone take my Air Card away from me ! LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back