Clay Millican (1 Viewer)

Clay is definitely an asset to the sport, I hope this pans out. The way the economy has been, it's huge for someone to step up and make a multi-year committment.

that's excellent. He's a driver that always deserves to be out there. maybe Lance Larson and Mike Klober reunite? Other than that I can't think of a possible tuner.

never heard of them actually. I wonder if they got 3.80's in them. 3.90's are only good for a top ten not top 5

never heard of them actually. I wonder if they got 3.80's in them. 3.90's are only good for a top ten not top 5

They're both young guns that were previously understudies of high profile crew chiefs, but they're now getting their chance to call the shots while teaming up with one another. In the two races that they attended last year, they got Clay's car to run 3.86 in eliminations in their first race and they got Clay to qualify #6 (3.87) in their second race.

Just give them some time to get more acclimated with the car and working with one another and they could be a very formidable duo in the coming years.

If they can run 90s,they will be in the show and have something to work with.

much agreed, but competition is so tough that it's hard to say if a 90 will get you into round 2 if you qualify mid pack. I don't see a 90's top fuel team winning a race without being able to at least run around an 87. Vandergriff sure must have felt the way i do when he hired hogan as low 90's were not cuttin it. Morgan Lucas felt the same way and instead of mid to high 80's they got a low to mid 80's car same with Brandon Bernstein. Morgan and Brandon's slight boost in performance will open alot more doors.

If your a top fuel team running for the championship I feel if you can't break into the 3.7 barrier you dont have a shot at the championship. In FC: I feel you need to at least be able to crack a .07 to be able to win the championship. To win a race you have to run at least a 12 when comp's in the single digits to have a shot

For those on Twitter, it appears Clay will announce it in 30 minutes.

More details on CompPlus...

MILLICAN, MPE INK DEAL WITH PARTS PLUS

This was an interesting line in the above article...

"“For 12 events this season, Parts Plus will team with MPE Motorsports as the primary sponsor of Clay Millican, the winningest Top Fuel driver in the country,” said Mike Lambert, president of Automotive Distribution Network."

Wonder how they came up with that statement? They must have looked at specific years?

Regardless, I'm a Clay fan and hope they do well! Nice to see him back out there!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back