Clay Milican and RWR (1 Viewer)

WOW that was quick or well-kept secret. Looking at Clay's season I think he had to do something I don't know what the problem was at Stringer, but I have my opinion
but I'll keep it to myself. Good luck to all involved Past and present.

WOW that was quick or well-kept secret. Looking at Clay's season I think he had to do something I don't know what the problem was at Stringer, but I have my opinion
but I'll keep it to myself. Good luck to all involved Past and present.
Its def not been a good season,i liked stringer,seemed really into it. Stringer strikes me as a wanting to win the championship on a low budget??? Wonder if kloeber will come back with jim o?

yeah, the vandergriff rumor w/ware, coyne, and kloeber came during seattle race (seattle notebook on complus).
what are the chances they could announce a two-car team with vandergriff jr.?, although this announcement does not sound as such.
i did not know that parts plus was a member of the pronto network.
wonder if doug wanted out? or will still play a minor role?
i like this team. couldn't believe kloeber left, but he did ...... i'd really like to see jim-o have some success w/clay. doesn't have to be wins, but even round wins.
they have been so close and unlucky in E1 too often this season.

I watched Clays last video listening to Doug's pre race talk I think he sold or leased the entire operations to RWR.
Clay mentioned in the end a big surprise was coming.

yeah, the vandergriff rumor w/ware, coyne, and kloeber came during seattle race (seattle notebook on complus).
what are the chances they could announce a two-car team with vandergriff jr.?, although this announcement does not sound as such.
i did not know that parts plus was a member of the pronto network.
wonder if doug wanted out? or will still play a minor role?
i like this team. couldn't believe kloeber left, but he did ...... i'd really like to see jim-o have some success w/clay. doesn't have to be wins, but even round wins.
they have been so close and unlucky in E1 too often this season.
Kloeber didn't 'leave'. Head scratcher on this one though. RWR was teamed up with Stringer to dip his toe the second half of last season and there was a rumor he would be teaming up with Stringer for 2022. I figured the deal didn't pan out. I sure hope Stringer is still involved....awfully nice guy!

Happy for Clay, he is really an asset to NHRA Top Fuel and his sponsors with his personality and positive attitude. Became a fan of his youtube videos this year, you will learn almost everything you ever wanted to know about him, the team and what it takes to field a competitive Top Fuel dragster. The behind the scene's conversations between Clay, Jim O and Doug Stringer are amazing. It's pretty obvious that with some more dollars the team could have some success. The impression I get watching the videos is that Doug enjoys owning the team but is unable or unwilling to inject more (or any) of his own money. Wouldn't be surprised if he is still with the team in some capacity or maybe he's just tired of it all. He's at every race helping morale in a big way. Jim O did not forget how to tune a nitro car, you can listen to his comments and sometimes see it on his face that he just doesn't have all the resources he needs. I hope some of that very young but hardworking crew are part of the new deal, they don't seem to make many mistakes.

Autoweek quoted John Force today saying "We need new blood. We need new names."

Before Kloeber was let go after the third race Clay had a rd.1 loss, a rd. 3 loss and a rd. 2 red light. Since Jim O. they haven't gone past rd. 2.
Not a fair comparison to either one. Just my own opinion but I think Mike is really smart but a bit temperamental. He's also used to calling the shots, never been part of a multi-car team. Jim O. has spent almost all of his career with a multi-car team, with the advantage of bouncing ideas off a "brain trust".
Watching Clay's videos you can see a little bit of uncertainty sometimes all though he did have Lance Larsen who seemed to kind of take a back seat as far as who was making final decisions.

But, IMHO the two paired together will make some people stand up and take notice. Really looking forward to this weekend more and more every day. What's next? AJ called in for evaluation and consultation?!!!

Last edited:
as if clay's youtube vids are not great enough already, he should have no shortage of content at the nationals, much less the rest of the season.
best wishes to this reorganized team. Q well and an E1 win on monday would be a great start.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back