Chris Karamesines (1 Viewer)

JFat

Nitro Member
I seen a post today from Norwalk with "The Greek’s car in Jim Heads pit area. Some Good changes taking place on the car " - Sandy. Anyone have any info?

Karamesines at Norwalk, 2015.
TF_Karamesines_Norwalk_2015.jpg

Jeff Arend said in a interview on the Nitro Reports that he is crewing on this car this weekend. :cool:

His first run was very wierd. Immediately staged without them cleaning the tires or doing anything after the burnout. Then the car left very sluggish and it seemed like it was killing itself until it popped and looks like it kicked a couple rods out.

As for the funny car injector can it get the normal amount of air into the supercharger basically sitting behind the roll cage?

One problem I saw with the Greek's car was the funny car air scoop, too low completely out of the air flow! How the hell is that supposed to work? I would think as smart Jim Head is he would see that.
When that scoop is on a funny car it is in the air flow but not with a dragster.. Maybe too many hands in the pie?

The car is consistent finally...reaction times will come[/QUOT
Smoked the tires 1 run, blew it up off the starting line 1 run ran quick enough to get in at I think it was a .04? What are you saying about being consistent? I hope Jim finally gets that car turned around. Would love to see Chris run better.

One problem I saw with the Greek's car was the funny car air scoop, too low completely out of the air flow! How the hell is that supposed to work? I would think as smart Jim Head is he would see that.
When that scoop is on a funny car it is in the air flow but not with a dragster.. Maybe too many hands in the pie?

the supercharger is "sucking" in over 3000 cfm whereas at 300 mph the airflow is roughly 1 psi. I'm pretty sure Jim knows that.

now that track prep has lessened, and it doesn't take record et's and mph to win races, much less qualify and go a round or two, i'm waiting for someone (like a jim head) to
figure out a new combination that uses way less air and fuel and still goes just as fast (i.e. using a lower injector hat on a TF, like they used to be until late 90's).
can this be done? or is it economically easier to just go with the status quo?......i like how PM has and is continuously evolving (i.e. have read newest trend will be the pro-charger approach)

the supercharger is "sucking" in over 3000 cfm whereas at 300 mph the airflow is roughly 1 psi. I'm pretty sure Jim knows that.
It's not that I don't trust you, but when I'm riding my Vrod it feels like WAY more than 1 psi when I'm going 60mph and a big truck going the other way passes on a 2 lane highway.... and that's only half way to 300

Ken, I'm not sure whether you're saying that 1 PSI is significant or not. Truth be told that 1 PSI is huge when it comes to a pressure differential across a supercharger. When the injector is in the open air being fed by that 1 PSI+ (which we start to see at around 180 MPH) it helps immensely. When the injector is behind the roll cage (a low pressure area) the air is actually being taken away from the injector inlet. Add in the shape of the injector which creates velocity and angle for that air to enter the supercharger optimally, there's a whole bunch of reasons why the injector behind the roll cage is not so good.

But don't you have to factor in the additional aerodynamic drag of having the taller injector hat? How much horsepower were the pro stock guys losing to their hood scoops before they went to efi?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back