Chip King eats sand. (1 Viewer)

daveo

Nitro Member
How about poor Chip King in Pro Mod. Nice run, no chutes, cuts right through the first net, makes it to net #2 and the water barels.
You think NHRA may shorten up Pro Mod racing to 1000' too???
They are fast, and heavy! Or mandate the B.S. auto shut off system?
Post your thoughts folks!

How about poor Chip King in Pro Mod. Nice run, no chutes, cuts right through the first net, makes it to net #2 and the water barels.
You think NHRA may shorten up Pro Mod racing to 1000' too???
They are fast, and heavy! Or mandate the B.S. auto shut off system?
Post your thoughts folks!

Why cause chutes dont work??? Why not just make it 1/8 mile, that way Nobody need a chute!

Must have done some serious damage to the car, Chip didn't make the call to the first round of eliminations this afternoon.

What kind of brakes do the Pro Mods have? It looked like Chip didn't scrub off much speed before hitting the sand trap.

pro mod has to run carbon brakes and HAS to have all the RF electronics as well.... but why it happened I am sure ill be clarified by Chip. At least he is alright!

I was more taken by the apparent "fix" of layering a new net over the old one that was damaged....just from the quick clip they showed, it sure looks like a clothesline waiting to happen...

So- ya hit the pea gravel at a decreasing, slower speed and you sink like a rock.

BUT, hit that chit at speed and the car acts like it just hit a patch of black ice, skating over the top with no resistance at all.... Chip's ride looked like a flat rock skipping over a glassy pond when it hit the pit, and he's not the only one that has caught the net at speed like that (Alexis at E-Town comes to mind)

Reinhart- that's your world- what say you?

If you want 1/8 mile watch ADRL, just let us 1/4 mile fans enjoy ours!

Don't worry, the ADRL is on life support and will be lucky to be around after this year. The same can be said for the Pro Mod class in the NHRA if no sponsor is found to replace Roger Burgess.

I saw some 660' racing for the first time recently at Bakersfield. Some really quick and fast doorslammers. The cars were fantastic but 660 sucks! I won't attend 660 events.

It's better on 1/8 mile tracks, as opposed to racing 660 on 1/4 mile tracks. There is a nostalgia FC race here next weekend on the local 1/8 mile and it's a good time.

Back to Chip King- I read all the smoke was from a blown left front tire, which only complicated things getting that car stopped.

So- ya hit the pea gravel at a decreasing, slower speed and you sink like a rock.

BUT, hit that chit at speed and the car acts like it just hit a patch of black ice, skating over the top with no resistance at all.... Chip's ride looked like a flat rock skipping over a glassy pond when it hit the pit, and he's not the only one that has caught the net at speed like that (Alexis at E-Town comes to mind)

Reinhart- that's your world- what say you?

I was watching the Le Mans 24 hours race this weekend, and this very subject came up. The commentators noted that the gravel doesn't seem to be doing the job any more. It was easy to see that when the cars hit the gravel, if they're at speed, jus just "skip and skate" right over the top until they meet some immovable object.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back