Cecil County Division 1 Points Meet Photos (1 Viewer)

slim

Nitro Member
Here are some pictures from this weekends LODRS Division 1 Points meet in Cecil County Maryland.

Photos

Hope you all enjoy

Next Stop Mac Tools US Nationals
OILowDecaled.jpg

Why did they stop with only one race left?

Some of the Super Stock drivers were slow getting back to the lanes and they got out of sequence. It got to the point where all that was left to run was the semi-final in Super Stock, the finals in everything else, and the final in Super Stock. Biondo and Ditocco were in the semi-final against each other and it was a heads-up race, so they took a lot of time changing their setups for heads-up. So while Biondo and Ditocco were getting ready, the decision was made to run the other finals because there was a threat of rain (according to the radar, rain was right on top of the track). They ran all the other finals and Ditocco and Biondo were not ready. At that point, all that was left to run was the semi-finals and finals in Super Stock.

They ran the semis. Kay had a bye and Biondo beat Ditocco. There was nothing left to run other than the Super Stock final, so the two finalists were given the choice of returning immediately to the starting line to run the finals or finishing the race at a later date. The two drivers wanted the time to cool their cars and Biondo wanted to change his car back into a dial-in setup. So, they decided to run the final at another date.

Jim

Last edited:
Great, thanks for the explanation. I was following it on Dragracecentral.com for about the last 45 minutes of the event, and it just surprised me. It didn't seem that dark out, so I was quite confused. Thanks again!

Any time, Andy. I guess i should have put more explanation into the DRC report. When I posted the message, all I knew was that it would be run later and I wanted to get the word out as quickly as possible.

Jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back