CAT's return on Investment in Drag Racing (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
I had an opportunity to talk with one of Ransome CAT's people on Friday at Reading. He shared with me a very interesting figure.

They did a one race deal with Power's (Rod Fuller's Car) last year and had attendees sign up if they wanted to hear about employment opportunities in their multi-shop CAT organization.

They received about 150 qualified leads and HIRED 50 new techs as a direct result of this one form of exposure.

Assuming an average salary of $50K (I don't know if that's low $ or high $)and an employment agency fee of $15,000. each, that niche sponsorship was worth $750,000. .
Just as important, they felt their interview to hire ratio was as-good-as or better than ANY other method. Time being money in business, that's a LOT of opportunity costs saved.

Seems to me, Werner Trucking also used their sponsorship to hire drivers but, I have no knowledge of their numbers.

Seems like some smarts were applied on how to get a return on their investment as opposed to Powerade which does nothing to get any exposure from their sponsorship.

seems to me like CAT could possibly sign on for a full year deal. but if i'm david powers, i'm trying to solicit LONG TERM sponsorship (3-6 years). i don't get the impression that CAT is interested in this.

to my ole Buddy Jim, I did the same with my gig, we would have drivers attend the races with the crew and be a part of the show it was very
good pr for the company and driver recruitment

G Kelly

nice numbers. they should sign on for a few years or a few cars. unlike powerade- who does NOTHING but show those 2 stupid commercials every 10 seconds.

to my ole Buddy Jim
G Kelly

No hard feelings, I hope.

Folks may know I'm in the executive search business (in a special sub-set of finance). In this day of 4.7% unemployment, it is a tremendous challenge to recruit good people (even not-so-great people).

It is especially difficult (I'm told) to recruit competent and stable crafts-people. While it is easy to demonstrate the hard dollar R-O-I (saved fees versus sponsorship $$$s) it is the opportunity cost that may be more important.

If CAT can't hire good people, they can't sell service (profit) after the sale.

Maybe somebody (besides Tim Wilkerson) for example ought to be "pitching" computer service companies. There must be a few computer nerds attending races, no?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back