Capps < Right Or Wrong> (1 Viewer)

nitro-trucker

Nitro Member
I was wondering if anyone checked the timing of Gilby's staging to see if Ron was justified in his statement. Mike Dunn mention something but I wasn't listening close.I know Ace said they found a hole in the fuel line. It isn't like Ron to point fingers. He is one of the nicest drivers at the races.

Gilby might have taken a little while longer (intentionally or not), but he didn't break any rules.

Ron also had the ability to stage instead of waiting, which he didn't (good sportsmanship).

I would think that the teams should ahve a pretty good understanding of each teams routine and they pretty much work to each other most of the time.

Like I said earlier, there weren't any rules broken, and depending on who you root for you have a different opinion.

I dont think Capps shouldve even hinted at the accusations on TV without knowing if maybe something was wrong over there, or whatever. Made him look like a whiner on National TV by hinting at his accusations.

I hesitate to comment because y'all will say I'm not being objective. It did seem like it took a long time and Ron just seemed frustrated to me. He IS trying to win a championship here. If you listen to his interview again he was venting. You know? Like we all do here on Nitromater. ;) He was ready to GO and Gilby wasn't......

How many other drivers have commented on a run without knowing ALL of the facts? Hmmmmm, I can name 3 or 4 instances this season alone. :)

It did seem like it took a long time and Ron just seemed frustrated to me. He IS trying to win a championship here. If you listen to his interview again he was venting. You know? Like we all do here on Nitromater. ;) He was ready to GO and Gilby wasn't......

That's what I took his comments as..... he did close with "those guys are my buddies" too.

Ron may have been frustrated and he may have been venting BUT he VERY CLEARLY stated that he was not saying they did it on purpose and that he didn't know if they had a problem and that they were his friends over there in Gilby's camp. Mountain out of a molehill.

Personally, if Capps did run out of fuel, the most likely reason is the reason stated by Ace, they had a hole in the fuel line. Once you put the fuel pumps on the high side and mash on the throttle I would imagine a small hole would become a big hole very quickly with the amount fuel/pressure they are cramming through those line at 60-65 gallon per minute. He would have lost much more fuel over the course of the run leaking out the fuel line, than he would have at idle waiting 15-20 seconds for Gilby to stage.

Not at all, Jay......I understand completely why anyone would be curious. And believe me, I'm not always in agreement with what Ron says or does. You are never going to completely agree with people.......but that doesn't mean you can't support them. :)

Honestly, I don't believe there was a hole in a fuel line. I am more apt to believe that Ace and Ron are a class act and won't sling mud in anyones faces. Gilby did take longer than Capps during his procedure, but it didn't seem intentional.
I believe Ace and Capps handled the situation with class and that showed me a lot from those guys.

On a side note, I want to commend Whit for his remarks after his frustrating 4th session!

You're right on both counts.

See Whit, tone and content have alot to do with perception!

And Ron did say that Nicky wasn't there.....he's Gilby's starting line guy. I'm sure their team was a bit 'off'. I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose.

Honestly, I don't believe there was a hole in a fuel line. I am more apt to believe that Ace and Ron are a class act and won't sling mud in anyones faces. Gilby did take longer than Capps during his procedure, but it didn't seem intentional.
I believe Ace and Capps handled the situation with class and that showed me a lot from those guys.

I never thought of this ... very good possibility.

First, I dont want any misgivings/ misunderstandings, so I am posting this personally, not as any allied person of any organization and the only allegiances are to the Race and me being a fan of them.

I do not believe that any wrong was done at the the line, other than a miss timed staging. Schedules are the same year through-out, and you get up and are ready to bring it when the lights are right. Its an unthought reaction.
The scenario that threw the rag in the intake on this visit, was that the Gilbertson team was light and unpracticed at the the line without Nicky. This will foul even the best of gelled teams & it cost some extra seconds to get it all together.......remember the unthought reaction............now change or add a movement!
I believe the reaction at the camera was Rons genuine frustration. Nothing more. He did try to alleviate any blame several times in the interview and dispell any thought that he was even far fetchedly blaming anything as intentional......It was a timing thing that wasnt taken into account. Fuel leak in the line, yes, It is plausable and anyone that doubts a chief as educated as Ace, well my friend, you are mistaken! The driver offers a known item at issue that causes a situation, and it is somewhat compounded by a line leak verified by Ace.
Its just Racing...............Stuff Happens, lines break, keepers break, zip strips break, a hole gets clogged, tires slip....Its not choreographed, Its a gremlin in the machine. Its a "Gotcha"

I personally can feel the emotion at some of the things that happen, and I do know it. " BTDT" But I dont dwell on an incedent, thats not beneficial.

You are just seeing raw emotion, and if you dont want to see the true emotion and feel of the racer. Watch Reality TV, that'll get yer heart pounding!

Nuff said!

First, I dont want any misgivings/ misunderstandings, so I am posting this personally, not as any allied person of any organization and the only allegiances are to the Race and me being a fan of them.

I do not believe that any wrong was done at the the line, other than a miss timed staging. Schedules are the same year through-out, and you get up and are ready to bring it when the lights are right. Its an unthought reaction.
The scenario that threw the rag in the intake on this visit, was that the Gilbertson team was light and unpracticed at the the line without Nicky. This will foul even the best of gelled teams & it cost some extra seconds to get it all together.......remember the unthought reaction............now change or add a movement!
I believe the reaction at the camera was Rons genuine frustration. Nothing more. He did try to alleviate any blame several times in the interview and dispell any thought that he was even far fetchedly blaming anything as intentional......It was a timing thing that wasnt taken into account. Fuel leak in the line, yes, It is plausable and anyone that doubts a chief as educated as Ace, well my friend, you are mistaken! The driver offers a known item at issue that causes a situation, and it is somewhat compounded by a line leak verified by Ace.
Its just Racing...............Stuff Happens, lines break, keepers break, zip strips break, a hole gets clogged, tires slip....Its not choreographed, Its a gremlin in the machine. Its a "Gotcha"

I personally can feel the emotion at some of the things that happen, and I do know it. " BTDT" But I dont dwell on an incedent, thats not beneficial.

You are just seeing raw emotion, and if you dont want to see the true emotion and feel of the racer. Watch Reality TV, that'll get yer heart pounding!

Nuff said!

Pete,

Can I borrow your magnifying glass when you are done! ;)

It seemed to me, when I was sitting there watching it, Gilbys team did realize they were behind, and did try to hurry it up. Nothing more then just missed timing in my opnion.

IF and again I say IF there was any frustration on Ron's part,personally I can understand what he said and maybe even how he felt.I've had a few racers take what I thought was "too long" to stage and I'll admit I was a bit steamed about it.I don't think anyone on Gilby's team did anything on purpose,but without Nicky there,they were out of sync for sure.

Pete,

Can I borrow your magnifying glass when you are done! ;)

Paul, I was just posting in what I thought was a format that was seeable for you "old farts".:rolleyes: thought the size was only a ONE, I thought the yellow would contrast it for those, not unlike yourself,:eek: that might need the extra help with the contrast.:D

Kelly,

Your objectivity, even when your guy is involved, is one reason why people respect your posts. You're also from the Gulf Coast, which should be a plus in anyone's book. Keep truckin'

Dang Pete, that Magenta hurts even more, you're killing us!

Ron knew it ran out of fuel, pretty good "seat of the pants" on his part. Dunn showed the replay, it did look like an awfully long hold up. Ron should have just rolled it in.;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back